Chapter 9 - Frozen

"Five can you stop for a second? What did he tell you?" Asked Y/n running after him outside the building. Five groaned trying to find patience, he was annoyed at his father and for the first time in his entire life he was trying to not let out the feeling on someone that didn't deserve it.

"Nothing useful, nothing!" He shouted at her, yeah maybe his self control was lacking in that area. Y/n grabbed his elbow and turned him around.

"Don't you dear shout at me, I'm fine with sarcasm and without being thanked for the small things I do, but I do not deserve to be shout at." Her index pressed in the middle of his torso, her voice stead but not screaming.

The two looked at each other, breathing raged, eyes firing at each other. "Tell me what he told you." She insisted, he couldn't go around doing shit alone, he spent the last what? Three days trying to gather all his siblings and now he was going around dealing it by himself?

"Tell me Five, why the hell did you gather your family if at the end you decide to do everything alone?" She asked her voice growing calmer but her eyes still stead, she was not going to go soft on him this time, she had let him treat her and Elliott like a nobodies, and maybe the man was fine with it but she surely was not.

"I made this mess, I am going to make it better, none of them turned out to be useful, not even you." He growled, something bugging him in the back of his mind, something was making him act more rudely then usual because he had never called her or Elliott useless before, and she hoped he had never done so to his siblings.

"Now you listen to me... I don't care what guilt trip you signed up for but you better get your shit straight, I don't care how smart you think you are, if you are going to work alone you are just gonna make it worse." Her finger poking his torso every now and then to keep it clear that she was giving him a scolding, even if he was twice her age she really felt like he was actually half of it. "You know who works alone? Villains, villains work alone, even Batman went out of his way to get a Robin so he wouldn't be alone. Haven't you already gone 45 years by yourself? Wasn't that enough?" She asked now her eyes showing sadness at the realization of how much he must have been traumatized at surviving the end of the world alone, he had probably seen is siblings dead just like he said about the doomsday.

Five breath evened out the more she poked and talked, words filling his head up, she sounded like a worried mother for his stupid son and he didn't like that because other than thinking that, he also thought she was right, he held her finger with his hand lowering it under the sad stare of the woman, and looked back at her with a calmer one.

"I have to do this thing alone, I have no other option." He tried reasoning with her but Y/n just shook her head.

"You're wrong, there is always an option, if we wait-"

"There's not enough time."

"If we wait a little, something else might come up, maybe if we do nothing then nothing happens..." She pushed her idea on him, because that's what she had learned of him, he was smart, he could think everything through but he was stuck in his mind, closed in his own box, so it was necessary to push towards him.

"I'm going, Y/n, you can't stop me." He said, eyes furrowing at hearing her being so dedicated at holding him back, she was never one to get in between their plans, she was just a side helper most of the time, a silent tease for the rest.

Y/n scoffed taking her eyes away from him, she slipped her finger out of his grasp, hand falling by her side in disbelief. "You are right, I can't." She said looking back at him she stepped backwards and turned around to leave him there. She had tried convincing him, but she couldn't make him do what she wanted.