Chapter 2 - The assassination of JFK

"Fugitives on the run." Y/n replied for Elliott that was still chewing on his cereals while hers were still dry inside the bowl, bottle of milk still closed in her hand. "Don't look at me like that Five, I'm a nurse, I know some stuff."

Five had a pensive expression while listening to the rest of the communication and Y/n's words, thankfully he had understood both of them or he would have felt even more irritated by the presence of the woman.

Twenty-five patients still at large. Many are considered armed and dangerous.

"Oh, Diego." Sighed bothered the tiny guy.

"Oh, who's Diego?"

"Imagine Batman, then aim lower. You get started on that film. I'll be back as soon as I can." The guy started moving around, he grabbed a set of keys that he thought belonged to the man but got stopped by the woman.

"Sorry to break your rush but those are mine, would mind asking?" She said holding her hand forward, Five grunted exasperated and slammed the keys in her hand opting to go by foot, not having the patience to play 'good boy'. His hand also dropping the pen he was holding, on a table.

"Frustrated little guy is he?"

"Yeah, but I mean, how else would you feel after stranding your entire family in this place over time?" Asked Elliott still looking at the radio that was giving out more informations about the breakout at the asylum.

"Must be the guilt consuming him then. Do you want me to give you a ride? Let's finish breakfast, make a call to mom and then start this thing."

———

"Elliott, you need to calm down, your paranoia is acting up and is not good for your sanity."

"How do I do that!? That video shows the death of our very president, why are you not alarmed? Should I be worried about you? Are you conspiracying against the president too?!" Elliott was pacing up and down the kitchen, projector showing clearly a footage of something that has not happened yet.

"Don't be mental, listen. Let's not jump to conclusion here ok? Five said it wasn't his, so can we just chat with them about it?" She asked, the two looking at each other. She was trying so hard to be the calmest she could be in order to not freak Elliot out even more. Her efforts thrown out of the window the second the two heard the main door open up with a bell sound, she should take that damn bell off.

"It's them." Exhaled Elliott grabbing the shotgun hidden over the kitchen high cabinets, pulling at the white curtain showing the footage.

"Oh for goodness sake..." Meanwhile three sets of footsteps reached the first floor clueless of the scene that had been going on in there.

Elliott cocked the gun and pointed it at the three figures standing in the middle of the living room, Y/n following behind him with a exasperated expression.

"Where did you get the film? 'The Frankle Footage.' The truth this time." Elliott was more then dedicated to his country, Y/n knew that, so she knew sweet and comfy words wouldn't make him step down the urge to be a patriot, but she at least tried to give the three time to either run or do something about this. So while they mumbled to each other she caressed the man's shoulder.

"Elliott, lower the gun... you don't want to kill them." Elliott ignored her and with a hand he pushed her softly behind him in a protective way while the three in front of them mumbled again between each other something she didn't hear because she was too busy keeping at bay his friend.

"Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?" He screamed startling the woman behind him, she was now anxious, the idea of Elliott actually shooting was impossible in her mind but right now it really felt like he was about to do it.