10

You were chaotic

but I wanted nothing

else

********

I wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

A million thoughts entered my head and my palms became excessively sweaty. I was panicking and it was hard to breathe.

Sameer was still looking at me, his dark eyes hiding his emotions well.

Wazeriah paled and panicked. "We're we are talking about another guy." She stammered out. "Some other guy who-um has like the same name as you." I could see her forehead start to sweat.

Sameer's eyes nonchalantly slid to Wafa who was standing just next to him. "Right." He finally said with a cool tone.

I gripped harder onto the counter. I had to face him and erase the sickness I felt right now. I knew he didn't buy what Wazeriah said but maybe he didn't care one bit about what I said. Maybe he wasn't interested at all and maybe even grossed out with the revelation that au thought of him that way. As if it was a huge revelation that Sameer was a handsome guy, he already knew and so did everyone.

I put my best face foreword and tried to remember that this man broke my trust.

I took in a deep breath and Wafa stepped out of Sameers way so he could order. She hurriedly ran to sit back to her table which was on the farther side of the cafe.

Traitor.

"What can I get you?" I asked without looking at Sameer at all. My heart still pounded in my chest.

"I'll get two lattes." He said and my eyes flickered to his face. Two lattes? Who was with him? Elina?

His chocolate eyes held my gaze as if daring me to ask who the second latte was for. Could he see that beyond all else, I was still carrying a bit of jealousy for him despite everything he's done.

I smiled. "Coming right up." I really wanted to deny him service. "Anything else?"

"No thank you." He replied and I quickly turned around to start on his order. I wanted him out and gone.

As I'm trying to hurry and finish his order, the small espresso cup with the hot espresso in it slips off my fingers. The hot liquid splashes onto my hand and the pain spread quickly to where it reached. I yelped and stepped back.

Sameer was suddenly at my side and he quickly grabbed my wrist. He turned on the faucet to cold and pulled me forward.

The stinging sensation began to subdue but my hand was turning red. Sameer was still holding my wrist and when I looked up to him, his brows were furrowed with concern as he watched the water run over my hand.

An electric rush flowed through me as his hold on my wrist kept stable. I didn't know what to say or do. It was hard to say anything to Sameer because he's been steering clear of me and He's hurt me.

But why did his dare chocolate eyes intently gaze at my wound in such a caring way. It didn't make sense and my head was fuzzy with thoughts and overflowing feelings. My heart quickened when his eyes finally met mine. Sameer towered over me and my neck way angled upwards just so I could hold his demanding gaze.

Sameer's eyes flickered over to my lips and then back up to my eyes. Alarms started to ring in my head as his chocolate eyes swirled with an emotion I didn't quite understand.

"Lady Diana!" A voice sang and so quickly did Sameer drop my hand. The blooming feeling that was sprouting in my chest died. 

Kaif was here and he was now staring at us. "Sameer?" He asked as his eyes narrowed and I wonder why. "What are you doing here?"