8

And so all time stopped,

but for some reason,

my love did not..

*******

I felt a lurching pain quickly spreading in my chest as soon as the words came spilling out of Kaif's mouth.

I could not sense anything but the pain and the seething anger that was now developing.

He betrayed me. Played me, even.

My eyes began to sting. How could he? How could he after he had said all those things?! How could he after sending me endless bouquets of flowers I adorned?

"Are you okay?" Kaif's hand touched my shoulder gently. It was hard to really hear him as my thoughts pounded in my head.

I swallowed painfully. "Yeah?" I heard my voice shake. Oh my god, I was not going to cry for Sameer!

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I-I," I paused, gathering my thoughts, "Where is Malak?" I frantically looked around for my sister so that I could sit. I felt so unbelievably uncomfortable and my vision was blurry.

"She's-"

I shook my head and started running down the long aisle restaurant, hoping I didn't catch sight of Sameer at all.

"Diana!" My sister called from a round table near a wide window. "Come."

I steadily walked to her table, the constricting pain still alive in my chest. I heard Kaif's footsteps just behind me.

"What's wrong?" Malak asked as soon as I reached her table. Her face studied me. "Is everything okay?

I looked away and swallowed. "Yeah it's fine. I just don't feel much hunger." I fumbled with the keys in my hand. "I'm actually going to go home." No thoughts were really rational at the time. I needed time alone.

"Why?" She looked at me intently. "Do you feel sick? You just got here." She looked around as if to gain clue as to why I was off.

"It-Its just that I don't feel good." I looked at the table already set with so much food. I got nauseous. "I'm not in the food mood." I scoffed lightly and forced a small smile.

"Okay," She sighed, Malak knew something was up. "Kaif? Walk Diana o-"

"It's okay!" I raised my hand. "I'll just leave."

Kaif wasn't letting this go. "I can walk you out." He said carefully. He probably sensed I was out of place.

My anger shot. "Seriously guys! I'm good."I backed out and frantically looked for the exist. My stomach contorted as I spotted someone who I thought looked like Sameer. Second glance, it wasn't him.

I walked out of the restaurant, ignoring whatever the security had said as I practically ran by.

******

All week and a half, I saw nothing of Sameer.

Not that I was counting or anything ridiculous like that.

My shock slowly died but it was replaced with an interesting concoction of anger and pain or was it regret?

The days at the cafe were back to boring slow days and Wafa didn't help much with her theories as to why Sameer suddenly dropped me and ran off dating.

"It's clear and simple." I told Wafa as I picked up plates of the table. "He probably realized he can't settle." I shrugged. "Not that I'm surprised." I striped to keep my voice as monotone as possible. Wafa already knew how hurt I  felt and I don't want another lecture.