Chapter 57: Ivy's Revenge Part 4, Manhunter

Dick and Jason... don't get much better after our talk. I thought we had made progress that first day, but they have been refusing to speak much, they won't touch me, and they're closing themselves off while we are recovering. 

I know exactly why too. It's because when we fell asleep watching the movies together, I had a nightmare. I tried desperately to get away from them when they woke me up from it, flashbacks taking over for just a short moment, but it was enough to cause more damage. They both know better to wake someone like us during a nightmare, so it only escalated the problem by a lot.

"Bruce, I'll have him do it." I ask Bruce privately a week later. "Just have Manhunter alter our memories to be an attack, take out the other parts. And change Damian and Tim's as well. I know you won't let your memories be altered, so there's no point in requesting that. But they aren't healing, and they won't talk. And I can't... stop the nightmares." I admit the last part in shame, but know it's only getting worse. I even had a few sessions with Dinah, the League's resident therapist, to talk about it, but it's not helping.

"I agree. I'll call him, he'll be over soon. He'll need to start with you, since you have the actual memories." Bruce says to me seriously, nodding in understanding.

"I figured. I would rather have him do it in private, with none of your secret new cameras around too. Please arrange that for me." I ask sternly, paranoid about his new camera's.

"Your bedrooms are all safe, you can do it in there. I only added them on the grounds." He says sincerely.

"For bird watching, I'm sure." I smirk at him weakly, then walk away. 

It didn't take long at all for Manhunter to arrive. It's my first time officially meeting him, though we have spoken through the computer a few times if I'm in the cave or helping Batman on League business. I know what's about to happen, I know the Martian will learn my whole truth, but I don't care right now. I know his character enough to know he won't tell anyone, not even Bruce.

"Miss Anastasia, it is a pleasure to meet you in person." Martian Manhunter greets me politely, walking into my room. "Please, call me J'onn."

"J'onn, a pleasure. I wish we were meeting under better circumstances, but it is still an honor." I say sincerely, respecting the green alien with a nod.

"I will help in any way I can. You are wanting only to alter the memories, from my understanding, is that right?" He asks, walking over to me.

"Yes, memories are very precious to me. You... will find out why when you enter my mind." I say vaguely. "I only ask that you take away the rape part of the fight. You can leave the actual fighting, please also make them clothed in their uniforms. When you change my brother's memories of when they discovered it, just make it a fight, nothing more. My younger two brothers have no knowledge of the actual battle, but they may have seen the footage, I'm not sure, but they know the facts, so alter those so Tim and Damian also just think it was a fight." I ask of him, and he nods. "Also... please, what you are about to see in my mind, don't tell anyone."

"Of course, I know to work with discretion. Do I have your permission to enter your mind?" He asks me kindly.

"Yes. It will be unlike any you have seen before. Will I be able to see you in my mind?" I ask him and he tilts his head curiously.

"If you wish to accompany me, you may, but you will have to see what I see." He warns and I nod again. "Please lay back, I will begin. I only ask that you do not fight me in your mind." He asks, and I lay back and close my eyes. 

I feel his hand on top of my forehead, then I feel a pressure and almost fight it, but I force myself to relax, letting him inside. He takes me with him to my memories, and I look around once I'm an astral form.