Chapter 51: Anatoly Part 1

A/N: Lemon in Chapter.

The summer went by relatively peacefully, at least as much as it can in Gotham. I spent a few weeks in Star City though, helping out Oliver with a few things and also enjoying hanging out with him. He's a good person, and has a fun personality that is refreshing to be around when you live with Bats. Canary usually helps him his missions, but she had a League business to handle, so I volunteered to hang out with him while his fiancé was away. Their wedding was coming up soon, and I was looking forward to it.

It was also the first birthday I could mentally handle again since Jason had died. We didn't do much for it, and yet oddly I still wasn't at the manor for it either. Jason had apparently heard from someone, Alfred I'm assuming, how I had reacted to all the other birthdays he had missed while he was gone. So he kidnapped me away for a weekend in Coast City, just the two of us. It was a lot of fun, and it was nice because we didn't treat the trip as a birthday celebration, we just hung out and caused mayhem in a new city, but just as our usual street selves, not our vigilante selves. 

Coast City was Green Lantern's home city, and it was hilarious to get drunk at a bar with Hal Jordan.  He had busted us for being in a bar fight, but once he figured out we were the ones breaking it up, he became friends with us. We don't think he put the two and two together that we were Bruce's kids, so it was hilarious to watch him drunkenly try not to out himself as the Lantern when we knew the whole time. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend.

My first day of Junior year at school started off nicely. I was going through my classes at a good pace to get my Psychology degree, which Jason found my degree choice hysterical when he found out after he came back. We're so like minded, I knew he would find the humor in it the same as I did.

I was just sitting down to my last class of the first day of the term when someone approached me, someone who I haven't seen before in my school.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I hear a heavily Russian accented, deep male voice say politely to me from my side. 

I looked up and locked eyes with a very handsome young man. He was tall, about the same height as Jason, and lean but I could see muscles in his build. His face was angular but had a strength to it, and his blonde hair fringed around his blue eyes delicately. His face held a soft but reserved smile once he met my eyes as well.

 His face held a soft but reserved smile once he met my eyes as well

"Not at all, feel free." I say in a soft voice, not wanting to speak too loud in the class since the teacher was walking in then.

"Thank you. I'm Anatoly, by the way. I just transferred here." He says with a smile, sitting down in the open seat and pulling out his supplies.

"I'm Anastasia, or Ana, nice to meet you." I smile at him, then turn my attention to the professor who is starting the lecture. I glance once more at my new seat partner, deciding this term might not be as boring as the last ones. I'm already quite smitten with his accent, and I certainly won't mind if there's some partner work for this term so I can talk to him more.