Chapter 31: Ice Villains

"Ana, we've got... something different to deal with. We need to go to Tibet." Bruce says urgently  one day near the start of my winter break.

"Color me intrigued, who is it this time?" I ask, grabbing my keys to leave. I have everything I need at the manor, usually just making a habit to buy two of everything when I shop these days, I don't need to pack a bag for this mysterious urgent far away trip.

"Penguin." He growls out in annoyance. "And it's a team up, he's working with Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze in a mountain base, so we're meeting Flash there. We also know that Lex Luthor is behind this, and it's a part of a bigger plan. They're making a plan to freeze the Earth, and are threatening the whole planet, holding it for ransom unless all hero's turn themselves in. There are other villains involved as well throughout the planet, but the other League members will handle them while we take down the main offenders. We leave in 20." He finishes with finality.

"Acknowledged." I say back sincerely before hanging up.

Wow, this is a big deal. I haven't even met the Flash yet, or Captain Cold. Last I heard Flash had retired to start a family, so this must be big to pull him in. This is a bigger deal than my usual Gotham jobs, so I need to be extra careful. 

For a brief moment, I feel like Nightingale would be a better pick for this mission, just to deal with these villains and make it so this doesn't happen again. But I shake it off, Shadow will be fine for this. I can't go around killing people while fighting alongside the Justice League.

"Suit up. And wear this." Bruce says when I pull into the cave, holding a large garment in his hands.

"Hi Bats, nice to see you too." I say sarcastically, but swallow it down when I catch his expression. "Right, serious face time." I say shortly, and walk away to change quickly. I put on the giant coat he handed me over my uniform, and get into his jet in the back seat next to Robin.

"Have either of you ever skied before?" Batman asks us after a couple of hours when we get to Tibet. He had filled us in on all the details of the villain attack and what we needed to do in order to save the world during the flight. I felt my nerves going up a little, this is quite a bit more pressure than what I'm used to.

"No." I answer at the same time as Tim says, "Yes".

"Well, you'll learn now." Batman says to me, then opens the bottom hatch of the plane. He hands Tim and I a set of ski's then he grabs a pair for himself. "Penguin and the other villains are at the bottom of this mountain. The only way to get into their base unnoticed is to ski in from the top, they have sensors everywhere. We need to go in fast, and stealthily. Shadow, you will go in first and find our targets, Robin will draw their focus while Shadow and I will take them out. We need to disarm the weapon fast once we're inside, they'll likely activate it when they know we're in there."

"Who says we never take family vacations?" I say happily as we jump out of the plain, dimming my nerves by just focusing on one task at a time. 

I land gracefully enough on the ski's, which surprises me. I learn the hard way how to use them, but then again, racing down a mountain at top speeds to save the world seems like a good time to be bold in learning how to ski.

"Slow down, we're close." Batman calls out to us after a fast paced race down the mountain.

"Yeah, you didn't go over how to stop yet." I counter back, but copy his motions on how he leans in his skis. I don't stop nearly as gracefully, and end up falling flat on my face into a snow bank. "That works." I say sheepishly as I free myself from the snow, brushing myself off as I take off the ski's.