[ 05 ]

As much as you felt miserable, you didn't have any other choice than to put on a brave face and go to the university on Monday.

During the weekend, you sent a message to Misoo explaining to her what happened in the party when she was drunk and the words you heard.

For some reason, you already felt a bit guilty about hiding whatever emotions you were feeling towards Jimin from her and you didn't want to hide more things from your close friend.

Also, the disgusting words they uttered involved your friend. You weren't the only one who was disrespected.

You would rather tell her the painful truth than a soothing lie. And after that, it was her right to make any decision in regards to that matter when it came to herself.

You expected her to feel sad and hurt, to an extent you even thought she wouldn't believe your words and lash out on you. You knew how obsessed she was with this whole fiasco but surprisingly, she got extremely angry and beyond pissed.

She fumed in rage but not towards you - towards them. She couldn't contain her anger even after the weekend.

"Those piece of sh-t!! How dare they speak like that?! It's all my fault, I shouldn't have dragged you to that party in the first place.. I'm so sorry y/n, please forgive me." she was apologising profusely and venting her anger out for the millionth time since the weekend or more specifically ever since you told her that information.

"Misoo, you don't have to apologise. It's not your fault at all.. I should have known my place.."

"What the heck are you talking about?! What place?! Just because those jerks grew up without their parents teaching them basic manners & courtesy doesn't mean that you have to lower yourself down! You are better than that, y/n-ah!" as much as you appreciated your friend's words of comfort and knew what she was telling you was the absolute truth, you couldn't help but feel bad about yourself.

No one likes to hear bad words about them especially if they come from such a vile place.

She still wasn't aware of the infatuation or to put it more blandly the obsession you grew on Jimin these past couple of months.

For some reasons, you didn't feel comfortable sharing nor letting out those feelings yet.

"I know Misoo-ah.. I got to go now, I'll call you again when I reach the campus." with that, you hang up the call ending the conversation that only brought despair to you.

Misoo was a bit late today because of her hangover that she still didn't get over with even two days later therefore she couldn't join you in the train which didn't really bother you since she would come to the campus anyway.

But in a way, you thought this was a blessing in  disguise.

You wanted to take this time to be alone - to reflect on everything. You didn't want to pay attention to Jimin anymore. You didn't want to grow these unreasonable feelings.

If Misoo was with you during the train journey, she would be a distraction organically but in this instance since she wasn't here, you didn't have any distraction and it will help train your mind to distract Jimin by yourself without the help of a third party.

As you were waiting on the platform for the train to arrive, you caught Jimin in the peripheral of your eyes but you automatically diverted your gaze somewhere else.

The first step into the right direction.

Suddenly, you started hearing some commotion on the other side of the platform where Jimin was standing.

You didn't want to turn in order to avoid his presence but the sounds were getting louder and louder. Your curiosity peaked and you saw a group of men fighting for their lives.

Everyone was shocked but more than anything, everyone was frozen.

A few people started to move away from those fighting men whilst the rest of us stopped functioning. Amidst all the chaos that was happening, two police officers appeared and interjected themselves between them.

Thank God for the ones who called them instinctively unlike the rest of us.

But right at that moment, those hooligans started fighting back and pushed back the officers as well as the people standing on the platform nearby.

From there on, everything felt like happening in slow motion.

You got pushed back and fell on the top of a woman who was standing next to you. Before those men could erupt even more chaos, more officers appeared out of nowhere and got the situation under control.

You and the woman next to you got back up with a few scratches but some people weren't as lucky as the both of you by looking at the way they were wincing in pain.

"Oh my god! This young man is bleeding! He's unconscious! Please, someone help!!" after helping a few people who fell down next to you alongside the fallen woman, your eyes went to that unconscious man who everyone was pointing at.

It was none other than Jimin.