[ 03 ]

"Did you notice how everyone's looking at them?" her question was directed at the same topic you were interested about

You nodded your head agreeing with her statement. She was pointing at the people who you were paying very close attention to, technically it was only one person but you were watching very intently their interaction and their dynamic with each other.

You could sense the strong aura they held on the exterior as well. Everyone's eyes were just gravitated towards their presence.

"That guy on the left side of Jimin is Mark, he's the one who arranged this party and his parents own this penthouse. You already know who Jimin is, Ji-Hoon is the guy on the right side of Jimin. You might have seen him in the train with Jimin, that's his best friend." Misoo started explaining to me.

"The other guy is Hyun-Woo, he is another friend of theirs. The two girls you see are their friends as well, the short hair one is Cho and the long hair one is Ara. I've heard that the both of them have been friends with Jimin and Ji-Hoon since high school." she narrated to me like it was a story.

I was always surprised by the amount of information Misoo was aware of. It was like she knew about everything when it came to the people at our campus. She was like a dictionary but in this instance, I had to be grateful for her.

While we were conversing, a girl suddenly popped up out of nowhere in their surrounding. It was like she had jumped into a painting but she didn't look out of place at all.

Everything about her just screamed beauty and class. She looked way too elegant and gorgeous.

She greeted everyone with a smile and gave Jimin a long hug. A hug that wasn't done within a second but one that lasted for a couple of seconds sharing warmth to both bodies.

I didn't know why but that sight broke my heart a bit. I could feel it sinking low to the point it was soaking in the pit of coldness.

I knew I didn't have the right to feel this way but I couldn't help but feel envious of her. A person who I didn't even know.

"She's one of the 'popular' girls at the campus, Mi-Cha. She's literally considered as the sweetheart of the campus because of her beauty and personality. She worked on a few modelling jobs and her family is pretty wealthy apparently. People at uni have been shipping Jimin and her together for a while now since the both of them are perfect for each other." Misoo continued to inform me.

Before I could even register or process her words, the people next to us started to speak to each other. Their words caught my attention more than I wanted and before I could realise it, I regretted giving an ear to it.

"Apparently, there is a rumour that the both of them are dating. If the rumours are true then they are such a cute couple."

"What do you mean by cute? They are such a power couple! Both of them suit each other so well. Both of them have got the looks and they fit each other perfectly! Can you imagine their children?! Arghh I'm so jealous!"

Misoo was focused on her drink and the people around us were too focused on their gossiping sessions that none of them noticed the frozen expression on my face. I felt numb.

At that moment, I felt jealous and insecure of Mi-Cha. She literally looked like a goddess, which man wouldn't fall for her? That rumour was more on the believable side than the opposite.

I never imagined or thought for one second about Jimin dating someone or having a girlfriend and now that seed had been planted into my mind, I couldn't un-see those images.

I couldn't breathe properly and rationalise anything, I knew if I stayed a minute longer in that place I would break down and choke on my own tears which would only bring me embarrassment.

I quickly told Misoo that I was going to the washroom and hurriedly ran away. I didn't know where I was going but I ended up stumbling around a restroom far away in the corridor.

I tried to gather and put myself together while sitting down in the toilet.

All of this had been a dream. A fantasy.

I knew from the very beginning, this wouldn't lead me anywhere and yet, here I was pitying myself. I couldn't be more pathetic.

The strong feelings that were building inside me shattered before they could even form properly.

Is that how a broken heart felt like? But I wasn't in love, right? So what was this feeling called?

After a couple of minutes of putting myself back together, I decided that I looked ok enough to go outside.

Not only did I feel like an idiot for developing these irrational feelings but I also felt like a bad friend for leaving Misoo all by herself at a party where she didn't know anyone.

While I was walking down the corridor that lead to the main lounge, I heard a few voices on the floor above me.

They couldn't see me nor could I see them but I could hear their voices clearly since everyone was on the other side of the apartment.

"Have you seen their faces and outfits? Gosh! I wouldn't even get out of my house if I were them!"

"They pretty much look like clowns, they are so desperate to be here and fit in with us."

Those voices continued speaking and I knew from theirs words, it wasn't something good nor something I wanted to listen to any longer.

Before I could start walking again, their next words caught my attention.

"How did they get invited in here in the first place?"

"It's that Yuta who brought them."

"Jeez, we really need to give him a lecture on who to invite."

"I know, right? The red dress one is actually not so bad but did you see the black dress one?"

"Come on! Do you have eyes? Both of them are the same in my opinion."

"Whatever but the black dress one is just... how do you say it?.."

"Too hideous?"

"Hahahah nooo! You are too mean!"

"I meant to say geeky and not with any substance.. she's just plain, you know? She could never stand a chance with anyone here, she can't even be here without looking like a fool herself. Some people don't know their places and it's just pathetic, haven't you looked at yourself in the mirror before deciding to come here man?!"

My face was flushed with shame and my eyes were brimmed with tears because I could clearly see who they were referring to and having a heated conversation about.

Their words pierced right through my heart but the painful part wasn't only their words but the fact that those voices were familiar.

Those were voices that I knew way too well.