[ 02 ]

An entire day passed since having that eventful conversation with Misoo and I could hear her words repeating in my ears the entire night

After reaching my lockers in the designated area of the campus, I was arranging my books while a yawn found a way to escape from my mouth which was only proving the lack of sleep I got the night before.

Yesterday after a point, my thoughts were submerged by my exam that I had to revise and the essays I had to work on which were the things I ended up doing for the rest of the night but that wasn't the only reason why I couldn't get a good sleep.

It was also because I couldn't get the image of Jimin out of my head.

Did I develop a crush on him? But was a crush supposed to feel this way?

I wasn't clueless, I had a few crushes on celebrities before and I even had a crush on the popular guy in my class back in high school but those feelings were more like flutters.

Like the excitement you feel when you are going to try a new ride in an amusement park. It was thrilling and fun.

However, during those past instances I wasn't thinking about that person constantly or getting infuriated that I couldn't talk or be in that person's life.

So was I developing an unhealthy obsession? Probably.

Or could I be... in love? But how could I be in love with someone who I never talked to before? That was just absurd.

I was debating with my own thoughts when a voice or more like a screech startled me from behind.

"Y/n-ie!!!" I jumped and put my hand on my chest at the high volume of that voice.

"Misoo! What's wrong with you!?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! But guess what happened?!"

"What?" I asked her back while I continued to arrange my books.

"Yuta was able to invite us to the party!! This Friday! We are going there!!" she stated with the utmost joy.

For a second, I didn't move an inch and I didn't know how to react or what to feel about this news.

We were both invited to a party which only the elites were invited in. It was something I never imagined to happen. It was just way too out of reach for us.

Although, I knew Yuta had the influence to pull this off, I didn't think he would actually manage to do it.

"See! I told you that we would be able to go! Now, we have to find something to wear.." Misoo started to put together the outfits we should wear for the party but my mind was stuck on one thing.

Jimin would also be present in that party.

It will be another opportunity for me to see him outside the daily commute in the train.

I never thought we would get invited to this party and yet I ended up getting an invite.

Even though, it was with the help of Misoo and Yuta - still, I never imagined in a million years that I would be able to attend such a high class party.

So there might be a tiny chance for something to happen, it's not wrong to have a bit of hope, right?

•••

I didn't know what I was expecting to happen when I came to this party but one thing I knew now was the fact that both Misoo and I stood out.

From everyone in the party.

Ever since I found out that I was able to come to this party, my mind was all over the place. I was going through a wave of emotions.

I felt ecstatic, nervous and scared. I couldn't control the mixture of emotions I was feeling and ended up getting irritated and found myself into one to many arguments with my parents and sister, Jisoo.

They felt like I was in my rebellious teen years again.

How could they understand what I was going through? Because I myself didn't know what I was going through either.

I felt bad for acting this way but I couldn't put into words to what I was feeling and I knew nobody would understand my feelings either which only annoyed and irritated me, and I let out those dark emotions to the ones who were the closest to me which were my parents and sister.

Misoo and I picked our outfits the day before yesterday meticulously with a lot of preparations.

She picked a mid thigh red dress which accentuated her pale complexion whilst I opted to wear a long sleeve back mini dress for a more classic look and to blend into the crowd.

But at the end, we still ended up standing out. Everyone noticed the two unfamiliar faces and were staring us down the moment we walked into the entrance.

Misoo didn't mind those stares at all. As long as she was getting attention, that's all that mattered to her.

I wasn't going to lie, it was like I was seeing a new side of my friend. I wished I could be like her to an extent but at the same time, I knew I wasn't like that and I didn't want to change myself either.

While Misoo and I were standing next to the bar area of the penthouse because yes, the party was at a penthouse - my eyes were roaming around for that one person to get a glimpse of.

Coincidentally a few seconds later, a loud cheer erupted at the pool in front of us which was separated by a glass wall. We were in the perfect position to see what was happening on that side and that's when I saw him. There he was.

The reason why I came to this party in the first place.

He was wearing a white shirt with black trousers. His hair was disheveled from all the water that was splashed onto him. The first three buttons of his shirt were opened so I could see the silver necklace he was wearing on his neck. His skin was smooth and glowing even from afar.

He looked perfect. Actually, far from it.

He was with his group of friends which included both boys and girls. As far as I knew or secretly noticed during my commute, he only took the train with one of his friends whose name was Ji-hoon.

Or more like that friend would join the commute at the next station and from that point on, they would commute the rest of their journey together.

I spotted Ji-Hoon but I didn't recognise any of the other faces that were with him. There were two more guys and two girls with them. I guessed that this was his circle of friends.

I could make out the expressions of the girls who were standing and sitting nearby. Their eyes were full of desire towards the men and full of envy towards the women. All the energy was focused on that group.

I didn't know who they were gawking at but I just knew that the main focus was on Jimin. I had to be stupid not to notice all the eyes that were diverted towards his figure.

All of this friends including Jimin were laughing, smiling and having a good time with each other. For a second, I forgot I was at the same place as him.

I never saw him at university since we both were in different courses and even if I wanted to, I couldn't find the time nor the opportunity to find a way to steal a glance at him but seeing him in a completely new environment was just so surreal to me.

It felt like a dream.

It's only when Misoo started to speak with me that I realised that I was still at the party and came out of my trance. Her sudden question made my entire focus shift back to her.