Chapter 9 | The Choice

❝ Okay, Would you please just drop the fucking "I'm so sweet and innocent" Act for one damn second! ❞

Okay, Would you please just drop the fucking "I'm so sweet and innocent" Act for one damn second!

THIRD-PERSON'S POV

The Next Day at school; Almost sprinting down the school hallways. A-Den sees her favorite wolf of all time, Wynter Barkowitz.

A-Den snuck up behind the
she-wolf and hugs her waist.

"Hey Wolfe" A-Den smiled. Last night's event had seem to fly over her head. Some reason she was in the best mood and wanted to share it with everyone else.Wynter stops talking to her alpha, closing her eyes and sighs. A-Den pulls away from the wolf's waste and gave Wynter a questioning look.

"What's wrong" A-Den asked.

Willa scoffs, removing her body weight from leaning on her locker and says; "I got a bone to pick with you".

"Willa, not now" Wynter said, shaking her head.

"Wynter, I'm not letting you get hurt, alright" Willa says. "I appreciate the protection but I don't need you right now" Wynter stated. "Okay, I got this...trust me" She said. Willa sighs and nods at her friend.

"Fine...just be careful" Willa says as she glared at the younger alien
who stood behind Wynter; "I'm watching you".

A-Den gulps, looking down while playing with her bracelet.

"Goodbye, Willa" Wynter says, motioning her alpha to leave. Willa huffs and walks off. The werewolf sighed and played with her necklace before facing the alien behind her.
"Can we talk" They asked together.

A-Den blushed, deeply, showing off her star shaped freckles.

Wynter heart began to pound;
A-Den will always have an effect on her no matter how upset she was.

"Y- you go first, I insist" A-Den says. Wynter nods and looks around to avoid eye contact with
A-Den. The werewolf didn't want to believe that A-Den was behind this scheme. She didn't want to believe that her friend would betray her.

"A-Den, you wouldn't lie to me, right?" Wynter asked.

"Wha- no, no, never" A-Den lied.

Wynter hums and nods her head. "Oh uh...here you go" Wynter says as she grabs something out of her pocket. She hands A-Den her blue diamond encrusted hair clamp. "Oh gosh, I've been looking all over for this" A-Den said, happily. "Oh, really?" Wynter asked.

"It's weird, you know, I found it underneath the moonstone when someone took down our force field" Wynter stated, making eye contact with A-Den; "-Which only Me, Willa and Wyatt knows how to do.".

A-Den's heart started to pound out of fear. "So, Do you mind telling me why it was there" Wynter crossed her arm. "Wynter, I can explain!"
A-Den says. "Please do." Wynter said.

A-Den sighs; "Okay...So remember when we met, and I told you about the way we traveled here" A-Den asked.

Wynter nods; "Yeah, To get here, you guys developed interstellar flight, defeated space squids, traversed a carnivorous black hole, twice".

"Yeah, I remember" The she-wolf says.

"Well, what you didn't know was that my planet was destroyed by environmental blight" A-Den says.

"For years, we've been searching the galaxy for our new home, Utopia" A-Den said; "Years ago,
our Scout leader landed here on earth, well, SeaBrook and hid the map to Utopia".

"The map is SeaBrook's most precious thing which we thought was the moonstone but the coordinates weren't there" A-Den says. "-And we knew if we told you our plan then you would not allow us to find the map" She said. "So you're not here for cheer?" Wynter asked. A-Den shook her head and looks down.

"You lied to us, to me?" Wynter questions with a frown as the tears in her eyes started to make her vision become blurry.

"You know we would've helped you guys" The she-wolf stated.

"Yeah, right, totally, because
almost attacking us was the perfect greeting and helpful way to show how kind SeaBrook is" A-Den scoffed.

"So what? This is our fault, we're the bad guys now?" Wynter questions. "-You and your little alien family practically destroyed SeaBrook with that- that mothership thingy, We were protecting ourselves!" She said. "Okay- well I am sorry about that" A-Den says. "Bu- But I didn't have a choice, Wynter, I had to lie!" A-Den spats as she felt sadness.

She hated the new feeling, it made her feel weak.

"No! N- no you did, you did have choice" Wynter growled; "You just chose not to use it".

"Wynter, Come on" A-Den says trying to grab her hand. She managed to control her stardust spark when trying to make contact with people. "Don't do that" Wynter shook her head as she backs up a bit.

"Okay, Would you please just drop the fucking "I'm so sweet and innocent" Act for one damn second!?" Wynter hissed with tears streaming down her face.

Wynter wasn't really a curser so her actually cursing was a bit shocking, but she didn't care though.

She was pissed and she had every right to be. "-You knew I placed my trust in you and you went behind my back like it was nothing!" The she-wolf sobs. That fear that kept Wynter up all night until 6AM was true. A-Den had betrayed her.

The she-wolf wipes her tears
away, sniffled and sighs.

"You betrayed me" Wynter says.

"Wynter, come on, I didn't mean to hurt you" The Alien stated.

"-But you did" Wynter growls as her moonstone turned blue and her hazel eyes glowed bright orange with a wet face. A-Den steps back and held her head down. "That "We're harmonious people shit" that's a lie," Wynter scoffed.

"I knew I should've stuck with my first mind and never let myself go down this road with you" She spats, staring at A-Den's glossy soft pink lips.

"Stay away from me, my friends and the moonstone, A-Den, I'm warning you" Wynter growls.

"You're not a friend, You're an enemy and I never want to see you again" With that The Werewolf walks away; leaving The Alien in pain.