Consequential Contingencies

Niffty's P.O.V

"Annnnnd, a good morning to all! It's another fine day here in Hell with plenty of drama and true passion in all sorts of entertainment!" Alastor exclaims enthusiastically, starting his morning radio broadcast, "Current weather predictions are favorable, but with a potential for rain later on in the day! Plenty of death is likely to happen within the city, but that's not the least of what's going to arrive in the near future!"

I sit on a cushioned chair in his parlor, waiting patiently for him to finish so that we can talk. Even though Y/N is now aware that I tell Alastor things about what goes on with him and the hotel, it still makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, even though I'm not hiding anything from him.

"But, onto the main topic of the day! Vox's factory lies in ruin, all due to the bold and drastically delightful efforts of Y/N L/N and Cherri Bomb!" He continues, "And though it is almost certain that those two will not stop there, it is safe to say that my inferior rival's company is doomed to tumble down face first into the fiery pit of failure! To what ends will this go? And how long does Vox have left? Not long, I presume. But to learn more, stay tuned as the events unfold!"

Alastor then turns off his equipment, the red glow around him dying down as his power fades to a non-noticeable level. It's one of the many abilities I've seen of his and he's told me how he used it to broadcast his carnage-filled overlord slaughter when he initially came to Hell. Now he uses it to broadcast to those within the Colony and anyone who uses the radio, having his own station and time set for people to tune in to listen. Usually it'd be longer, but he cut it short today to make time for us to talk. Speaking of which, Alastor leaves his desk and walks into the parlor, making me hop off my chair as he stops in front of me.

"So, what else can you tell me about what's to come, my dear?" He asks me, his hands going behind his back.

"From what I've heard, Cherri and Y/N are going to strike one of Vox's warehouses today and hit the other tomorrow. But judging from the news reports, Vox is attempting to circumvent their attempts by increasing his defenses around these properties. But, I'm also guessing that Vox's confidence is going to rapidly decrease once they demolish the rest" I tell him.

"Oh, I agree, I agree!" Alastor nods, "That fool has always put his pride where it was the most weak. I have faith in those two to deliver what they're capable of!"

"So do I!" I add.

"While we're on the subject, has the boy been treating you well?" He asks with more seriousness in his tone.

"Yes, yes, he has!" I smile, blushing a bit at the headpats he's given me along with the kisses I've given him in return, "He's so nice, thoughtful, and considerate. I really love him! I wish he was my boyfriend many, many years ago!"

"Good, good" Alastor nods, turning and walking to the couch on the other side of the room, grabbing his staff that lies on top of it, "Just so you know, I spoke with the young man to ensure he was looking after you properly. It's hard to tell sometimes whether boys like that are only in it for sexual fulfillment or are genuine gentlemen, because most of the time they're the first of those options. So it's pleasing to hear that he also follows through in that regard as well."

"I guess you really haven't stopped looking out for me" I mutter, not fully meaning for him to hear it, but still saying it because of how personal it is to me.

"Why, my dear, of course not! Nor shall I ever let you believe that I won't be here to keep you safe!" The Radio Demon replies, turning back towards me, "I could tell from the moment I met you that you were a person that anyone would dream to have as a companion! And since then, I have not regretted one bit of dealing with those that were cornering you in that alley and looking to take advantage of you! I would do it again to anyone, especially if they might taste good as well!"