This could be awkward

The Old One instructed the young wolves to go to the Alpha's house now instead of the original time they'd scheduled. Her eyes were red rimmed and puffy and Enrique was more glum. They explained that someone from their Pack had died violently and they'd felt it when it happened.  She'd been low down in the totem pole and all the more dominant wolves had felt it when she passed.

Julia didn't feel right asking questions right now, but she'd felt a weird tearing sensation just before they'd both started crying. She wanted to know what that had meant but didn't feel right intruding on their grief. Instead she decided to make tea since that seemed to be the thing to do in this household.

So after a soothing cup of tea, Julia and Enrique headed out to visit Adam the Alpha. She now knew that the Alpha was Graham's father and had a basic understanding of the hierarchy in the Pack. She didn't entirely understand it how it worked but she did understand that until this man said otherwise, she was an outsider, not a Pack member. Which should bother her but really didn't. Julia had never waited for permission to be who she wanted to be and wasn't planning on letting anyone start telling her that now.

"So what should I keep in mind for this meeting?" she asked Enrique, stubbing out her joint on the bottom of her shoe, saving the rest for later. She didn't want to admit it but she had a stomach full of nerves and had this really weird feeling of being watched.

In fact the closer she got to the front door, the more it felt like there were hundreds of eyes on her, all judging, all whispering. They didn't think she was good enough, not fast, not strong, not a real wolf, never changed shape, too young to be mated, crazy, in pain.... Julia almost staggered under the sudden onslaught of hated and paranoia flashing around her head. With a paniced need, she used her tricks to push past the pain of her body and it seemed to help fend off these nasty thoughts. What in the flaming blue hell was that? she asked herself, but the door opened and she caught sight of the Alpha.

He looked like hell. Eyes were blood shot with stress, the dark blue haunted with exhaustion and an alarming sense of madness. Julia's wolf instincts raised their hackles and warned her that this was not a healthy wolf. But other than the eyes, Adam looked like any other man. He was taller than his son, Graham, standing almost 6 feet high, he had a larger build as well. Wider shoulders, heavier through his chest and back, thicker waist and legs as well. He wore buisness slacks, a silk button down shirt and tie that matched and tasteful leather shoes. His hair was more blonde that Ju expected, giving him an almost California surfer look that was ruined by the severe hair style he wore it in. Here was a man who wanted his appearance to say that he controlled everything, was in charge of every single hair on his head, the crisp lines of his pants and the sheen on his shoes. Ju had to squash an urge to scuff his shoes jsut to prove to him that he couldn't control everything.

Graham stood just behind and to one side of his father. He had on his buisness face, which meant that he looked calm and slightly cheerful despite wanting to jump past his father and rip Enrique's throat out. She was supposed to be HIS. He would have been the Alpha and she his Omega, a perfect match to balance the role of dominant. But this... enforcer stole her away. Instead he was forced to obey his father and Alpha's orders to do no harm to the wolf. So he'd act like nothing bothered him at all. It wasn't the easiest of tasks, but he would do what was best for the Pack. So he stood there, smiling softly, unaware that he was a near perfect replica of his father. The outfit was different, but the effect was the same, he presented a facade of complete control.

"Heya Graham, who's your daddy?" Julia asked, mentally smacking herself as soon as the words slipped out. The judgemental voices from earlier battered around and buzzed outside her head, trying to wear her down. But a lifetime of soul grinding pain had taught her own to endure things she could not change.