Bite you in the...

Julia woke up to her alarm clock blaring and her brother banging on the bedroom door. "Julia WAAKE UP!" he banged again. "Jesus woman would you get your fat lazy butt out of bed?" he called through the locked door.

Groaning, Julia peeled her eyelid opened and looked around in confusion. She remembered the fight with the jerks at the school, she remembered smoking a joint with Andrew, eating a burger she no longer wanted and then.... nothing. Waking up here. Oh crap, the blackouts are back. She groaned mentally. "I'm up!" she yelled through the door.

"You're going to be late, get moving!" he called through and she heard heavy footsteps walk away.

"I'm moving." She grumbled and threw off the blanket. And stared down at a very dirty, very naked body. What in the blue hell?! she froze. This was so not a good thing. Her legs were all scratched up, as if she'd gone for a walk through the backyard woods stark naked. Maybe she had. If she got too warm at night she did strip down to skin, but it was September. It wasn't hot enough to sleep nude, and she hadn't slept walk in a while.

She decided to worry about it while she showered and the water stung her scrapes and she felt several bruises twinge as she moved around. "Great, blackouts, nude wanderings and apparently I get into a second brawl. What am I Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde?" she muttered as she scrambled to get ready.

Hair still wet, stomach rumbling hunger, Julia grabbed her backpack and headed out the door for another day of school. Mysteries of what she did last night haunting the back of her brain. On the upside though, despite the battered body, she was relatively pain free today. No blinding headaches, no burning or tingling under her skin. Every now and again she'd get a day like today, where it felt like her skin fit right.

She looked at her map and schedule and figured out where the class was for Tuesday. French, then Spanish, Chemistry, Art and Geography. God just reading that was giving her a headache. No come on, I was headache free. Julia groaned to herself, feeling the beginnings of a headache started to build. It flared up quick, painful and almost blinding in intensity. Son of a bitch, oww oww oww. Julia closed her eyes and pinched her forehead, wondering if she could skip class and go smoke to dull the sudden excrutiating pain away. She stumbled and managed to wham into someone in her moment of blindness.

"Son of a bitch, sorry." she mumbled and felt hands steadying her.

"Hey it's ok. You alright?" she heard an unfamiliar guy ask.

"Yeah. I get these headaches. It'll pass." she mumbled, opening watering eyes to spot the hazy blur of someone in front of her.

"Do you need to sit down?" he asked, concerned.

"Nah, I'm good. It's already passing." she lied. Her skin was starting to do the boiling feeling again. "I'm just going to go to the bathroom. Thanks!" she added and turned and ran towards where she hoped the bathroom was.

Luck was on her side again, she stumbled through the door to the girls washroom just in time to heave up into the sink.

"Eww gross!" she heard some nitwit exclaim as several girls scattered out. Running the water in that sink to clear it, she moved to teh next one to get cold water on her face. It was helping. Whatever had spiked the sudden migraine was receeding as quickly as it came.

Julia looked up at herself in the mirror. Her face was pasty while from getting sick, her eyes were dark and bagged looking and the water matted her dark hair down. I look like road kill warmed up. she thought despondently. Alright, pull on your big girl panties and get back out there. she ordered herself and reluctantly moved back out into the hallway.The other students were all moving towards their respective classes so Ju hurried to hunt down the elusive French class. She managed to slip in as the second bell rang and grabbed whatever desk was available.

About five minutes into class a pack of gum landed in front of her with a soft thwack. Frowning she looked around and spotted a guy looking straight at her with a smirk on his face. Attatched to the gum was a post it reading: feeling better? She frowned at the post it then looked at him, finally realizing he was the guy to help her in the hallway. She smiled awkwardly and nodded, popping a piece of gum into her mouth. In an impulse, she wrote back to him and chucked the gum back.

Nothing being rescued by a cute guy didn't fix. She'd written back sarcastically. He read the note and started to chuckle to himself. Good, he caught the joke. He grinned and looked up at her and batted his freaking eyelashes at her. Julia almost laughed but turned her focus back on the teacher.

By the end of class she'd almost forgotten the incident, having to shovel her way through the pile of rule exceptions involved in futur imperatif. Fun times. When she stood up, the gum pack landed in front of her on hte desk again. This time the nice guy was standing next to it too. "I'm Graham, just wanted to introduce myself to my not so secret admirer." he joked. Julia looked at him a little cautiously. Cute guys were never a safe thing for her, the only attempts she'd had at a boyfriend in the past had all gone.... not well.

"I'm Julia. And don't get any bright ideas there Cassanova, I'm far harder fare to catch than that." she couldn't seem to help but flirt a little. Ok , he was a little in her type range. Not surprisingly he was taller than she was, but he wasn't one of those heavy muscled cavemen. Instead he looked, well, lithe and athletic. Like a swimmer or a marathoner. He had pale gray green eyes and light brown hair. And a shading of too lazy to shave facial hair.

"Je desole, mais vous m'avez etonne de ta beaute, et votre coude pour mon menton aide." he said in French. Ju ran the translation through her head.

"Nice, well I'm glad I'm stunningly beautiful but I did not hit you with my elbow. It was my forhead. I have the bump to prove it." she stuck out her tongue like a 5 year old. Graham laughed and some of the departing students turned to look over.

"Anyways, I'm off to Spanish. Hasta luego." Julia quickly disengaged and left class quickly. She could feel the churning under her skin again and the rush of blood past her ears was deafening. She focused on taking slow, deep breaths until the sensations eased. You're insane. Yesterday you beat the crap out of guys you don't know and today you're flirting like a cheerleader. GET A GRIP.

Julia overheard one of her classmates discussing a newspaper article as she entered class. "Yeah, they say that the farmer's sheep were just torn to sheds. Like some kind of rabid animal got into them."

Holy shit. Julia thought to herself. That could have been me. I was out last night, that thing could have torn me up.