Making Waves

Julia woke up in the guest room again. She didn't remember falling asleep but she was grateful for the chance to just forget for a brief time. But it didn't last, and when Graham cracked open the door to check on her, her found her huddled around her knees, crying.

Without a word he crawled on the bed and curled around her back, pulling her against him so she wouldn't be alone. The wolf in him wanted to comfort her, soothe her pain and the human part wasn't complaining about being close to her. So Julia cried, turning away from her knees and holding onto him, needing the presence of someone, anyone to remind her that she wasn't horribly alone. Graham managed to get her to lay down again and held her against his chest until her sobbing finally eased.

He rubbed gentle circles on her back until she stopped shaking, and her breathing eased. With a soft smile he realized that she'd fallen back to sleep again, perfectly comfortable with him guarding her. She should be yours the thought flashed through his mind, and he never realized that it wasn't his own. He looked at her sleeping face and agreed with the sentiment. She should be his. Her wolf may have chosen Enrique's but the human woman had as much a right to choose. And he wanted to tell her that. He wanted to make sure she wanted Enrique the man as much as the wolf before he gave up trying.

"Julia, I know you're sleepy sweety, but I needed to talk with you." he said softly, running a thumb along her lower lip.

Her eyes opened, a little disoriented. "Graham?" she used his name as a question.

"Yeah I'm here. You're safe Ju." he assured her. "I was supposed to get a chance to introduce you to the wolf world and help ease you along. But there are a few things you need to know now before it's too late." he started. He closed his eyes for a second, resisting the urge to lick that slightly pouty lower lip of hers.

"Your wolf will have instinctive urges. Desires and demands that do not necessarily match your human half." he started to explain and opened his eyes again. Her dark eyes just watched him in trusting silence. Me, she trusts ME. "Yesterday your wolf... well she basically went into heat." he started to blush at the fumbling explaination. "She's ah... wanting the chance to run around in her wolf form and a really good way to push the human into giving up control is to saturate it with instinct. Enrique.. well, he basically was the only wolf around for yours to focus on." he obliquely hinted. "But that doesn't mean he is the only one available for you to choose from. There are those who believe that there is one perfect mate out there for each wolf. You've started the mating ritual with Enrique, but it was your wolf doing the picking. Your human side gets a say too. If you really, truely love him, then it's going to be a great thing for you. But if you're just going along with the wolf, then its a problem. You can pick someone else. There are others who would love the chance to be with you.'  he looked into her eyes, hoping she'd understand his plea. He wanted her to say she wanted him. That her lips would be his to kiss, and he'd get to wake up everyday like they were now, with her in his arms.

"I think I see." she said, frowning a little. It was a little random, this conversation after the day she'd had, but any distraction from thinking about... any distraction was good. She wanted to pull away and stand up, pace outside, have a joint. Think. But he had his arm wrapped around her and it didnt feel like he was letting go soon. "I know that your Alpha isn't too thrilled at me being with Enrique, and it's a really new thing to me as well. He's my best friend." she explained. The triumph in Graham's eyes was startling. His eyes were normally green, but now they shone with that glint that Julia was recognizing as wolf. Without waiting for her to continue, he pulled on his strength as an Alpha to be and tried to overwhelm her. At the same time, he kissed her like he had during the play.

Julia felt this overwhelming presence brush against her mind. It wanted her, wanted her to accept, to submit, to belong to him. His lips sent scorching tingles down her gut and to her toes. If what he'd said about her wolf being in heat were true, it would make sense for the wolf to submit, to want this. But it didn't. Something let Julia shrug aside the dominance of the more alpha wolf like it didn't matter. The kiss no longer burned or even sent her goosebumps. It was just a kiss. It felt nice, was a little more wet than she generally liked  and tasted like they both needed to brush their teeth.