Humanity's Destructive Hands [old version]

Norway's gaze hung onto Skáney. His eye was somewhere else, completely absent and oblivious to the rest of the world around him.

"Norway?" You asked uneasily.

He looked sad.

"Norway!" You said, raising your voice a little.

Norway gasped quietly and snapped his head back to you.

"Oh, unnskyld." He chuckled nervously.

"It's just so weird to have him back, you know? It's like waking up from a dream where someone died, just to realize they're still alive. I want to run up to him and make sure he's okay. But I've changed so much." Norway brought his finger up to his lips and nervously put the point between his teeth.

Your heart beat accelerated.

He bites his fingers. So it's really true. But that doesn't look like it should leave scars like that. I don't even see any blood.

"I don't know if he'll still accept me. I don't even know if he's happy to see me." Norway continued, looking at the faded bite mark on his finger. It was going to disappear completely after ten minutes.

So that can't be it.

"The day he died was horrible. I can't even describe it. I think they either burnt him alive, hung him, or drowned him. I don't even remember. I only remember fleeing the place."

"That sounds like a terrifying experience." You said, empathy in your voice.

Norway nodded, his eye absent again.

"I just... I don't know how to feel about this. It's so overwhelming." Norway mumbled.

"You look tired too. And your hands.." You wanted to mention something about them carefully, but Norway snapped his head back to you.

"What about them?" He asked sternly, hiding them in his sleeves.

"They look... hurt." You carefully thought about what you were going to say.

Norway looked at you, before forcing a smile on his face.

"I'm fine. I promise."

You sighed. You started to be very concerned about the situation.

"I don't buy it." You answered honestly.

The smile on Norway's face turned bitter.

"I think I should get going."

He got up and left the room.

You sighed. You had the feeling that maybe you were a bit too invasive. But it all looked so concerning. The tired eye. The worry about his father not accepting him. And those hands.

Those poor hands.

You sighed and got up with a grunt. It was probably time to eat lunch now.

You checked the time.

It was past lunch time already.

No wonder everyone is being cranky with me.

You decided you were going to make something fast to eat.

But first you wanted to check on Congress Poland.

Since going out on one of the balconies was going to be a faster way than going back down to the garden, you decided to check on him from the balcony.

Walking up a separate flight of stairs, your mind wondered back to Norway's hands.

You opened the balcony door to see the Powhatan Empire looking down into the garden, leaning on the railing.