Ruby Tears [old version]

You looked at the crying man in front of you.

This is so damn awkward. What do I do? Offer a glass of water? Come on! I can do better than this!

"What do you mean, he tore your eye out with a spoon?"

Real smooth.

He looked up to you in surprise and embarrassment, as if he had forgotten you were still in the room.

"Is that why you keep your eye covered?" You asked him, nervously pinching your finger, trying not to scare him off with your bad tempered nature.

You used to be better at comforting people. But you were afraid the long term isolation had made you a bit socially awkward and short tempered.

He nodded. Then he rubbed his hands together and sighed.

"Have you ever lost someone close to you?" He suddenly asked.

"Uh... yeah." You mumbled, nervously fiddling with your sleeve.

"And have you ever felt betrayed?"

"Yes."

How is it possible that this conversation is getting more uncomfortable than it started out?

"Tell me about it."

"Well... my mother... we used to be quite close. Until well... something happened... and my father... he didn't take it too well... he just poured himself into his work and left me all alone."

"Sounds like something I would do." DDR mumbled, trying to find something to say to make you feel better, miserably failing. But it made you feel better about yourself.

"Me and BRD, current Germany, well... we were split into four at first, but eventually they made it two. They did everything in their power to keep us apart, talking bad about the other half. And so... at first we tried to meet up a lot, but after I was shot in the leg, and USA was able to convince him I was evil... we sorta... started building up this rivalry. I thought we were going to stick together, but I was wrong. And that made me quite angry, to be honest. I know what that feels like. To be abandoned I mean."

Sighing you sat down next to him.

DDR smiled. Maybe you really weren't that bad after all.

"I wasn't able to handle my mothers death too well." You mumbled, knowing you might regret opening up, but you felt like you could trust him.

"No one never really accepted me into their group. And well... some assholes decided to join me at lunch, they kept mocking me. Saying things about my mother. And eventually, after they kept coming, I admit I kinda snapped. I might have pierced one of their eyes with a fork, I don't really remember."

DDR stiffened.

"You what?"

Oh shit. I shouldn't have said that. Why do I always have to mess everything up?

"I uh.."

DDR didn't let you finish.

"Stay away from me!" He snapped.

He jumped up and stormed out of the bathroom, just in time to bump into USSR.

"Who do we have here?" He rasped, taking the countries chin and yanking it up.

The smaller German froze under the Soviet's gaze, his eyes starting to widen in fright.

"Trying to get attention, so you can tell others how bad I treat you, да?" The Soviets grip on the countries face tightened.