Chapter 1: On Melancholy Hill

A/N: Hello all! This is my first story in a while, I saw this prompt on tumblr that seemed very interesting but of course it wont't be exact. I don't know how long this story will be to be honest. The prompt that this story is mostly based on was made by cupofwri-tea. Hope you enjoy ! (I have a question for you guys at the bottom of the chapter)

Walking down the road with an umbrella in hand, Roronoa Zoro, a college student was currently listening to his favorite band while the rain poured down heavily on him and his friends.

"I still can't believe that this campus doesn't allow cars on school grounds." Nami, one of Zoro's friends was complaining as her shoes were getting wet. The others walking with him were his friends, Usopp, Tony (but everyone calls him Chopper), Jinbe and..... Sanji... if he can consider that dumbass a friend, yeah...over his dead body.

"It's okay Nami, I'll shield you from the rain." said the dumbass swooning over the redhead, Zoro sighed and turned the volume up on his phone so he can drown out Sanji's words.

He was listening to his favorite band, 'D3', a band that didn't stick to one genre, He was happy because he recently manage to buy a limited edition shirt that has the member's autographs on it.

It wasn't long before Zoro and his friends made it to campus, while they were all drying off, he saw a few more friends walk up.

3 staff members of the college came and greeted the almost-soaked bunch. The tall raven-haired woman, Robin smiled at all of them.

"I'm assuming none of you guys saw the weather warning and that classes were canceled today," Robin said with a small smile, in just seconds the group of young adults were sulking.

"My shoes are wet and I didn't even need to be here," Nami said as she found a chair to sit on in the campus lobby to wring out whatever she can out of her shoes. Meanwhile, Usopp and Sanji were checking their phones to see the message from the school.

Brook, the school's music professor just started laughing at the group, "Why don't we go to my classroom and warm up with some tea? Might as well wait until the weather calms down."

Franky, the school's number one handyman, went to get blankets from his 'stash' for everyone since they would be hanging out for a while. In a few minutes, everyone was in Brook's classroom making their selves comfortable.

"Wait, so if classes were canceled, why are you guys here?" Usopp asked aloud.

Franky and Robin were cuddled with each other, while Brook was still making tea for everyone. "Robin always shows up early for work, so I go with her and nap in her classroom before class starts, Brook is here because he's an early bird too and just happens to live 5 minutes away from campus," Franky answered the question.

The others just nodded, Usopp decided to work on homework he totally didn't put off last minute.

"Usopp? You guys didn't finish Professor Smoker's homework didn't you?" Chopper sighed as he grabbed his notebook from his backpack and went over to help him.

Everyone was doing their own thing, Zoro was napping still listening to his music before he felt someone kick his leg...hard.

"OW! What the hell Curly-brow!" Zoro yelled as he grabbed his knee, he took off his earbuds to glare at the man. Sanji just rolled his eyes and took out his vape to take a hit.

"Nami was asking you something moss-head," Sanji said as he blew smoke out of his mouth. Nami just rolled her eyes at the two, "Anyway, I was asking you Zoro, what are you doing for summer break? This is the last summer we have before we graduate."

Zoro thought, he didn't really have friends or family outside of the friend groups that were sitting with him currently. "Not much, the only thing eventful thing happening to me is that my shirt is coming in the mail in a few days," Zoro said plainly.

Nami smiled, Zoro was always like an annoying older brother to her, it was nice to see him be passionate about other things besides his kendo training, even if it was a band.

"It's sad, they were all our ages when they passed," Chopper commented while he was trying to help Usopp with his final assignment still.

Ah yes, Zoro's favorite band, all the members are dead due to a boating accident that led the three brothers to drown 2 years ago.

"The frontman was your favorite right Zoro? Ah, what was his name?" Brook asked as he tried to remember the names of the three younger artists.

"Luffy, his brothers were Ace and Sabo," Zoro replied solemnly, the group looked at him. They remembered how destroyed Zoro was when he heard of their passing in class a few years ago, even though Zoro would never admit it.

"Well Zoro, luckily for you my amazing Vivi, planned an outing for all of us for our summer break. Her family has a huge beach house on Dawn Island, that's the place where they were born weren't they?" Nami said with a knowing smile on her face.

To say Zoro was surprised about that would be saying the sky wasn't blue, he was interested from the first part of the offer but now that he has a chance to go see Luffy's home island. "Sure, why not?" he replied calmly even though his friends knew he was ecstatic on the inside.

"Well, there's only one week of classes left? When do we plan on going?" Robin asked Nami."I'll send you guys more detailed information in our group chat, but Vivi said roughly in 2 weeks," Nami answered.

Chopper was excited, he was shaking Usopp with happiness, out of the years they all knew each other, this is their first vacation together!

Sanji didn't need any convincing because "the ladies" were going, and Jinbe was happy as well, Jinbe hasn't been to a beach in so long.

Robin and Franky were happy since it will be a nice vacation for them and their friends, working on campus was draining.

"You would like it there too Brook! Vivi's family has the biggest music room I have ever seen." Nami told the older man.

"Well if you insist, Yohoho" he laughed.

Well, it was set, Zoro and his friends were going on vacation and he will get to see Luffy and his brothers home.

The weather was clearing up as they were finishing their conversation, and everyone decided to go home since it was the only chance they got before the weather gets crazy again, or at least according to Nami.

By the time Zoro got home, he was sleepy (like always). Before he knew it, he was already snoring on the couch of his dorm.

So if you can't tell by the title, I like Gorillaz... lol yeah. So stay tuned! I do have a question though? Sanji x Usopp? or no ship? Let me know in the reviews please :D