The School Nerd.

The School Nerd, How Everything Started.

"Stop being such an ass" *Rolls eyes*

"What? I was just simply trying to help. I told you. I'm straightforward and this is just how I work." Said Quinn.

How annoying. I mean, I get that he's trying to help but this is so DAMN annoying. His stupid personality. Why is he so straightforward with whatever he says? Can't he be nicer? Must I feel like a dumb freak all the time?

[THROWBACK TO 3 MONTHS AGO]

I know I'm not good at school, but why do Principal Jay wants to meet me? I've never been this nervous. Lol.

While I was approaching the Principal's office, I bumped into Quinn, the smartest guy in our cohort. Not only is he smart, he take parts in sports rather actively when his school schedule permits him to, and he's not a hooker, like at all. But, he's a nerd and the WORST person to be around with. He's super confrontational, straightforward, and his words can be like bees (I mean they sting, and for someone so sensitive like me, I don't think I can handle it).

Entering the Principal's office together, the first thing Principal Jay said was, "Great! Y'all came together?"

Cheeks red. Blushing. Stoned. Not knowing what to do, Quinn suddenly responded, "What makes you think I'll be around a dummy like her?"

Hearing that made me so. FUMING MAD. The urge to shut him up knowing that I'll not be any better myself (in terms of knowledge).

"Hey Quinn, that's not nice. You need to know how to socialise better with people"

"Anyways, Jei, I see that your grades aren't so great lately, and was thinking if you could use some help. Look, tutoring would look good for Quinn's portfolio, and he could kind of revise while teaching you the necessary stuff, and was hoping it'll go well and improve your grades too! What do you say?"

In shock and disbelief, Quinn hurriedly said that he wouldn't want to work with me.

"NEITHER DO I!" Furious, I stomped out of the Principal's office.

"God, Quinn, what have you done? Do you not see how this benefits you while trying to manage your current schedule? You have so much and I will not allow you to take up more classes. Having tutoring by your side right now is the best I could offer you. Take it or leave it. Convince her to do it with you."

"Fine." Said Quinn.

The same night, Quinn DMed me on Instagram — "Hey, Quinn here. Let's do it, I'll help you improve. Trust me"

Not gonna lie, it was kind of nice having someone to kind of care. With curiosity, I checked out his profile to realise that there's no post at all with about only 10 followers. A nerd. Indeed.

Months later, my grades improved, and it's all because of Quinn. We started becoming closer, even hanging out outside our schedule but we bicker so much, just like two best friends. A friendship I would've never saw coming. But he's so annoying. Being his (almost) only friend, I went for his soccer-tournaments, and he's kind of. Hot. Moments like these, it kinda made me forget that he's still that "nerd" from school that has no social life outside of soccer. Like literally.

But...were we developing into something more? Everytime when I ask him to choose an IG pic, he'll just say I look good in any, and I'm pretty so comments would come flooding in anyways. Again, it made me feel butterflies and whenever we look at each other's lips, we'll suddenly distract each other into other stuff.

During one tutoring session, I asked him a question and he said, "Are you dumb?" Which led me to saying, "Stop being an ass"

I mean, I get that he's trying to help and that's just him but that kind of made me sad and mad. Feeling incompatible and incomparable to him that particular day. I walked off and went off to grab some coffee.