¹ᵏ ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᵃˡ, ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉˢˢ ᵉⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ

"what a life we've lived together, huh?" momo says softly, fondly deepening your embrace.

it's a lazy summer's day; you and your wife spend it cuddling on a lawn chair, overlooking the luscious green of your mansion's gardens. you're retired, as is your wife, sporting gray hairs instead of h/c ones of your youth. you look down at the woman in your arms: she's smiling at you with the same grin as when you first met her.

"much too long for my taste," you smirk, tucking some loose strands of her hair behind her ear.

she laughs in mock offense, tapping your shoulder, "you love me more than anything, and you know it."

"i do know it."

momo reaches up and cups your cheek with her hand; her hands are warm with a coolness from the band of metal your love for her placed on her finger.

"when?" she asks.

you tilt your head, leaning into her touch. "when what?" you reply, not understanding what she means.

"when did you know that you loved me more than anything?" heat floods your cheeks, which she teases you lightly, adding to your embarrassment at the mushy question.

"do i have to answer that?" you whine.

"yes! i've wanted to know for ages, but i've never asked," her face was adorably curious, and you caved, overcoming your flustered state to satisfy her.

you sigh, answering honestly, "i'm not sure."

"well, think back," she kisses your cheek before settling back in your embrace, "we have all the time in the world."

-💐-

the air stills with anticipation. every decoration that lined the venue, every person that sat smiling in their seat, and every note the band played falls right into place; your wedding is perfect.

you and momo took countless pictures, greeted countless guests, and now it was time for the event you were truly excited about: making momo yaoyorozu yours forever.

you stand under a meticulously crafted birch archway, swaying back and forth to calm yourself. it's a funny sight to the audience watching you. they silently giggle at the way their stone-faced 'mad dog-senpai' squirmed in nerves. you have never been so nervous in your entire life, waiting for momo to walk down that aisle, and you are despising this drawn-out wait.

but that all washed away as the soft whispers of pretty melodies filled the room.

the crowd turns to the end of the aisle. momo appears, the personification of beauty in white, clasping onto her father's arm with a smile. you feel your heart flutter as your mouth drops in awe of momo.

her silky black hair, free from its usual style, flowed down her back and over one shoulder, which was decorated with little white flowers. the same flowers sprinkle down her body in the gorgeous design of her ivory dress. that was when the rest of the world melted away: it was only you and her.

but that's not the moment you realized that you loved her.

-💐-

it's a three-hundred and sixty-fifth of a chance for the hero billboard chart and momo's and yours fifth anniversary to fall on the same day. yet, the stars aligned. momo being awarded as the fourth greatest hero obligates her to give a heroic speech to top it all off. while your agency's (deku tower) hero, deku, is awarded as the first. so, even if you both wanted to ditch the event for a romantic dinner under the stars you couldn't.