The boy who plays the guitar- chapter 8 [[picof George]]

I hope this sounds cool.

just a lil something I managed to write before I start packing :)

remember to give me feedback xD

chapter 8

I woke to hear the door slam loudly.

I must of been out of it since I didn't notice the 20 missed calls from Jo on my very old brick phone.

I went into my bathroom to comb my hair. I'm a very bad sleeper so I don't have to be a psychic to predict that my hair is messy.

my eyes are really wet and blotchy and my face is stained with tears and mascara. I can tell that I probably cried myself to sleep. I'm supposed to have a tough girl exterior and look at the state of me.

that's when I heard it.

"why George why?!" wails Jo.

"I don't know" I faintly hear. the voice was faint he probably murmured it or something. his voice is naturally quite low so he is definitely not a kid.

"you were doing so good at university, why did you have to spoil your chances of staying there; yet alone getting a degree!"

I'm slowly creeping down the stair case and peep my head just so I can get a glimpse of what was happening.

Jo was pale red; it's hard to tell whether she is angry or sad

this guy, George was amazingly gorgeous!!! he has brown locks, much messier than mines that just about reach his shoulders. he has jade green eyes that are probably worth as much as emeralds, his mouth was curved like perfection but something about him looked so...familiar.

like I have seen him before...

"But I never knew they were going to do that" George says.

"Didn't I tell you to never follow a pathway made by other son-?"

SON?!??

since when did Jo have a son?!?

I'm so confused at this moment that I forget about trying to hide.

"Alaska, is that you" Jo asks

"who's she" George asks in curiosity.

"well George, if you didn't get yourself sent to jail for a stupid reason, you of known who she is"

I'm totally shocked!!

a relative of Jo?

in jail??

naah it can't be. not a person raised by Jo.

"how many times do I have to say that I'm SORRY!!?-"

"don't you even DARE raise your voice at me young man"

Jo said that in such a stern loud voice that it frightened the daylight out of me.

she must of saw how worried I looked.

"I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to startle you like that" Jo said in a soothing; much calmer way.

George starts to fidget. "I'm sorry mum... I didn't mean to disrespect you but...I just don't want you to be disappointed with me and see me as a failure..." he trails off.

"it's alright dear" Jo walks to her son in a sympathetic way "I know it was an accident. what's done is done and we now just need to get over it." Jo has her hands wrapped round her son's shoulders and pats him on the back lightly to comfort him.

moments like these make me feel sad and envious.

if only I had a mum who did that for me from the start.

maybe my life wouldn't be so messed up.

George turns to look at me, "are you going to tell me who you are?" George asks.

"err...-"

"Ahh yes" Jo butts in.

at least she is back to being her jolly normal self.

"George, meet Alaska...your new sister"

at that exacted moment, George's mouth stayed opened.

it was about 3 minutes that it took George to close his mouth shut again.

"bu-but how?" he stutters in amazement.

"I adopted her; surely you don't think I could give birth to a 14 year old in the space of 1 year right." Jo says.

That's the first time I ever heard Jo being sarcastic.

"well...it's nice to meet you....lil sis" George beams.

I guess I'm the odd one out in this jolly family.

"it's nice to meet you too" I smile just to fit in.

I guess this is something quite unexpected but, what the heck.

I'm up for a big bro!!