The boy who plays the guitar -Chapter 2

"

I know it might not sound too romantic now

but I promise you some romance in the next chapter

Chapter 2

"Hey. Remember me sweetheart?" says this plump looking lady.

"...Yes" I bluffed. I guess that she is my new mother... Joanne is it? Something likes that. I suppose she could've looked worse.

She looks around 65 years old and she is very plump. She has a double chin; normally double chins totally FREAK me out but it actually suits her. She looks like the type of person who eats a lot of food, without a healthy diet and rarely does exercise. She has grey curly locks; I guess its grey because of old age. In fact, Joanne doesn't look so bad after all. Maybe everything will be alright at the end of the day.

"Well, we best be on our way because I have to get back to Wales..." Joanne continues but I'm not actually paying attention.

WALES?! What has the world become of? That is so far away from London, meaning I can't really visit to see all my friends on a regular basis. The cheapest way to probably stay in contact with them is probably by post card. This is not good. Not good at all.

"Sweetheart is there something wrong?" Joanne asks. I guess she read my facial expression. She probably could read me like a book if she wanted to.

"Um...n-no, m-mi-miss... i-it's just that. Wales is very far from here..." my voice trails off because it might look as if I am being very ungrateful, besides Susan was giving me the 'you're skating on thin ice' look. So I shut up. Well for now.

"Aw I'm so sorry darling. You will be very far away from all your friends."

Drip...

Drip...

There a long pause. The only thing that you can hear is the dripping of the old tap in the kitchen that hasn't been repaired yet because the foster home that I 'used to' live in is very budget when it comes to money.

"I tell you what Alaska" Joanne starts of. Her voice made me jumps because I was quite getting use to the awkward long pause; it was quite peaceful to think about it.

She continues in a jolly old person's voice "when I saw your paper review about your life and how you came to be a foster child..." I cringe at the thought "...you just stood out amongst the rest of them and so I really would like to make this work so... what if you stay at my house for two months and if you don't like it then I will be more than happy to return you without any hassle in perfectly good form; not even a scratch on your skin. So what do you say to that?"

Wow. This is a hard decision but it sounds more or less fair. I should at least try it out for two weeks and I guess it can't end up all traumatic, so I think I'll just do it.

"That's sound's cool" I smiled at her. I think she could tell that behind the smile I had an aura of uncertainty, but she doesn't mention it.

"Well I guess that's it" beamed Susan. I bet she chuffed to see me go. Well the feeling is mutual anyway but I just scowl back at her as a reply.

"Well c'mon now, let's get a move on. We don't have all day and there are some people back at home that are dying to meet you" she says in a cheery voice.

I feel so wanted.

To be honest, under the all the 'I don't want to go' crap, I'm actually quite anxious to go, so let's hope that I don't mess it up.