Prologue: Got No Plans Tomorrow Night

You awoke, your head throbbing.

"Oh, again?" You sat up from laying upon the floor, holding on to your forehead and letting out a mumbled groan, one that was a cross between a dying dinosaur (or, at least, what a dying dinosaur must've sounded like, y'know?) and Chewbacca. "Bloody again?"

Not only were you in pain from sleeping at a horrible angle, you were clearly late and you never liked being late, even if it was for something you hated.
"Oh damn, I'm late. Crap," you said, since voicing your thoughts was normal. You'd been alone a bit too long, yeah?

Then it hit you. You felt your gaze glaze over, your feet away on the cement floor.

The memories.
They were coming for you.

And fast.

***

You hadn't meant to attract their attention.

After all, you were only fifteen.

Maybe your hormones were acting up. Fifteen year olds like yourself did in fact have a lot going on. Robbing banks, hiding out in abandoned buildings; as you do.

But the world...the world had to see.

See that some people didn't like being ignored. Left out. Pushed away. They had to see that some people couldn't stand it, and some people would do something about it.

And you were one of the people.

***

"I don't like my bloody collar turned up."

You swatted at the hands touching the back of your neck before realising you'd managed to swat your own hands, and it'd been you turning the collar up while lost in your own thoughts.

You shook you head, disgusted. "Dammit, gotta act normal, (your name), gotta act normal." You continued to whisper it to yourself, quietly, as the tour guide may began to wonder about you if you said it too loudly.

Yes, that's where you were. On the day you were going to show the world, you were taking a tour.
Well, it was the only way to get inside.

It was the most boring tour, like most tours usually are for you, or anyone, but you had put up with it so far. Because if you didn't, your plan wouldn't work and the world wouldn't see. Wouldn't see that people like you being pushed away was ... not good.

And the world had to see.

They had to.

***

Finally, finally, the older man showing your group around had lead you to the security entrance.

Security to what, exactly?
London's Crown Jewels.

That's right, you were going to take them.
Sure, Moriarty had already done it.
Sure, it was only a show on the telly.
You planned to do it anyways.

It was plausible but crazy and the consequences would be massive if you didn't succeed but hell that's what made it fun.

It didn't take long to get inside, and when you did, you squeezed in front of the rest of the tour. Being a rather inconspicuous teen, it wasn't hard. Kids are always looking for attention or whatever it is that grown-ups assume, so of course kids will push ahead of a crowd to see what's so exciting.

When they had taken their pictures and had begun to leave, there was only the guard left and you. He began to usher you out, his hand on your shoulder.