"Thank you."

It was in the early hours of the morning the day after everyone got back to the Tower that Loki woke up.

Loki felt achy and his brain was a bit fuzzy, but apart from that he could pass as 'alright'. Physically, at least.

The dark-haired God slowly sat himself up, blinking a few times to adjust to the morning rays from the sun.

It took Loki a little while to figure out where he was, but when he realised he let out a sigh of relief he didn't know he was holding in.

He looked around the room a little and noticed another figure in the hospital bed next to him, connected to lots of wires and machines; just like he himself was.

Loki smiled softly, Peter was okay and they were both safe.

Loki was so grateful to Peter for everything he had done for him because without Peter helping Loki he probably wouldn't have survived.

Loki smiled again, looking over at Peter who was sleeping peacefully and whispered a small 'thank you'.

Loki spent almost half an hour thinking about everything that had happened since he got to Midgard.

Some parts of his mind was fuzzy, especially his memories of what actually happened before Midgard.

Loki was confused. Why couldn't he remember these things? He felt useless sometimes.

He then tried to remember Asgard.

His memory of Asgard was fine up until the point where his father fell into the Odin-sleep on the steps of the armoury.

He still felt guilty about that.

Loki hoped that when he was fully healed, Thor would take him to Asgard so he could see his parents - and also so he could get some things from his room.

He missed his mother a lot, and couldn't wait to see her again. She was the only one during Loki's childhood who gave him attention and the love he needed. Thor tried to, but as he grew older he cast Loki aside.

Loki didn't mind, Thor only wanted to spar and fight anyways.

Maybe his mother could help him figure out what happened to him, Loki thought.

Loki yawned. Maybe it would be better if he got more sleep instead of wondering about his fractured memory.

He slightly shifted himself into a more comfortable sleeping position, shut his eyes and in minutes he was out cold.

Several hours passed and when it got closer to late morning, Loki and Peter both woke up around the same time.

They talked for a while, mainly about what happened the previous day as well as their relationship.

Peter and Loki also talked about school and how people were probably going to ask questions when they got back; they'd probably have to make up a story.

After talking for a little while longer, the teens decided to go downstairs for some breakfast.

They both helped each other to get the IV's out of their arms and to disconnect the wires stuck to their chests that were connected to several machines.

They'd probably set off some sort of alarm by taking off the medical equipment, but the teenagers were hungry and honestly couldn't care less.

Loki and Peter made their way down to the common room and were immediately met by Tony and Bruce who were freaking out over the two being out of bed.

"What are you guys doing!"

"Why aren't you resting, you're still healing!"

Peter whined quietly and said:

"We're hungry!"

Loki nodded but stayed silent. The geniuses sighed in unison and laughed slightly.

"Come on then, I'm sure there's some pancakes left from earlier." Tony said, before walking towards the kitchen.

~

Over the next few days, Loki and Peter were kept at the Tower for rest and time to heal before being put back into school.

Peter was quite excited to be going back to school and seeing his friends, but the both of them were definitely not excited for all the questions and comments people were going to make on their disappearance - not forgetting the bully, Flash. Loki and Peter hated Flash, he was a cruel boy - Loki hated him more for hurting Peter than anything else.

The Avengers suffered through meetings with Fury, Damage Control, and many more pests just wanting to bug the heroes for anything possible.

The Avengers and SHIELD looked into HYDRA, trying to get a trace of what had happened previously but the organisation was cunning and managed to slip away from the righteous grasp of the heroes.

Requests from Fury to conduct experiments and tests on Loki were firmly rejected by Tony, who was furious that the Director continued to pursue the matter.

Over the next week, Loki started to form an uncanny friendship with Tony. It turned out that the teen had a wicked sense of humour that matched with Tony's snark and sarcasm.

From then on, Loki would often join Tony in the lab, bringing Peter with him sometimes as well.

Tony often complained about having to be in the same room with 'Romeo and Julian' but actually he didn't mind. Tony loved the two of them very much and cared for them a lot - even though he definitely wouldn't admit it.

Soon, Loki and Peter were physically able to be sent back to school - mentally would take a lot longer but the two both agreed to go back to school at this point.

The two we're nervous but couldn't wait to see Ned, MJ and Wade again. They had a lot of catching up to do.

I'm back with another update!!

Sadly the next update may just be the last chapter of this book 🫢

Thank you all for being patient and reading my story, I appreciate every single one of you that reads, votes or leaves a comment (I love reading them).

Thank you to everyone who has followed me and has read my other two books, I'm going to try and work on those books as well as this one.

See you very soon!

MF 💕