Loki's scars

Small mention of self-harm in this chapter, not much but I don't want to get anyone triggered or upset by it. I will separate the paragraph with the squiggly '~'

~Nobody's POV~

Peter and Nat knelt down next to Loki. Blood was spilling out of his mouth, it was blue and cold. Peter could feel the room temperature dropping drastically, and wondered if it was helping Loki.

He had his head down, and was hugging his knees. Peter had learnt by now that Loki didn't like being touched, and becoming small was his defence mechanism.

"Peter, was he bleeding when you left him?" Natasha enquired.

"N-no... he was alright, just scared and tired. I checked him for wounds when we got to my room and bandaged him up but I don't think I got them all..." Peter looked worried.

"I went into your wardrobe earlier and he wasn't there. Did you move him?" Nat asked Peter.

"No... I left him in here. The door was locked and I had the key." Nat was puzzled. Where was Loki when she looked in the wardrobe earlier?

"I-... illusion s-spell." Loki spluttered and showed his hands to Peter and Nat.

"I- don't know h-how I knew I-it. I-it hurt w-when I d-did it." His hands were shaking, droplets of blue blood splashing on the wardrobe carpet.

Natasha's eyes widened.

"Loki is younger. I don't think he remembers anything above whatever age he is now. Thor did tell us how he didn't learn much magic until he was 16. Loki, how old are you?" Natasha turned to Loki, smiling kindly.

"I-I'm fi-fifteen."

"Wow, same!" Peter looked excited. Loki had a small smile on his face. He felt safe around Peter, and was warming up to Natasha.

"I think he got hurt when he did the spell because his fifteen year-old form hasn't learnt that spell yet." Natasha frowned. "Loki, do you remember being older than fifteen?" She spoke softy; she didn't want to spook the frightened child.

"N-no... I k-keep getting a nightmare every night about f-falling... m-my brother was there too... we were dangling off the Rainbow Bridge and I was t-talking to Father. I-I said 'I could've done it f-for you' but m-my Father said 'no Loki'..." He started to sob again. "I fell into t-the abyss..."

Peter and Natasha looked shocked. Before they could ask any more questions, Loki started to violently shake and jerk. Blood was pooling out of his mouth faster than before, and his face was turning paler by the second.

"Peter, where's your medical box? Grab it, quick!" Peter nodded as Nat picked Loki up with ease. He was so light; that couldn't be healthy.

Peter put the medical box on the bed, and helped Nat lay Loki's limp body on the bed.

"We'll have to take his shirt off to see the damage." Nat told Peter, and he paused.

"It's bad Nat. Really bad." Nat gave a short nod, and they gently peeled Loki's shirt off of him. Peter started to slowly unwrap the bandages, and Nat gasped at Loki's wounds. There were deep gashes on his back, and deep cuts on his chest and neck. She picked up his limp arms, and slowly turned them over.

~ squiggly warning!

Peter and Nat were in shock. Loki's arms and wrists were littered with long, healed up cuts and scars. Who had broken him?

"W-what happened to him, Nat?" Peter's lip quivered. Natasha put her arm around Peter, comforting him. She couldn't take her eyes off of Loki's scars. They looked dark blue and sore, and Loki was still twitching in his sleepy state.

~ squiggly over!

I hope you enjoyed yet another chapter! Yay!

Whilst you wait for more updates, feel free to check out some of my other books!

My most developed one so far is Scarred <3

Love you all!