"Are you okay?"

~Nobody's POV~
The Avengers were struggling. They had been ambushed in their own tower by members of HYDRA, an cruel organisation that went way back to the time of the Nazis and were several Avengers down.

Clint had been sealed in the vents, Banner had been knocked out, the Iron Man suit was being guarded by HYDRA and Peter, aka Spider-Man, had been taken hostage.

Natasha and Steve were the only ones left, as Thor was a no show and Tony didn't have his suit. Members of HYDRA were currently subduing Peter, as he wouldn't let them take him without a fight. It's hard to fight with handcuffs on, though, and he was severely outnumbered.

Steve had locked Bucky in his room, as a safety precaution. HYDRA still had a little bit of control in his mind, and nobody needed the Winter Soldier to make an appearance today.

Natasha knew this fight wasn't going to go well for the Avengers, HYDRA had obviously been planning it for a long time. They clearly meant business.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"It's him!"

"He's back."

"Someone call 911!"

"No, we need the army for this."

"What's he doing?"

"Where are the Avengers?"

"Those people have Spider-Man!"

Loki ran past several crowds of people, and headed back into the tower. Several men and women in black were holding something red. He knew what it is now. That was Peter. His Peter.

He stopped running, and threw his daggers at the men and women, grimacing as most of them flopped onto the ground. His strength had killed them.

The three left standing turned around to face them, along with Spider-Man who was on the floor in several pairs of restraints. Loki scowled, and summoned up two more daggers.

He threw them at the three hostiles, wincing at the sound of blood splattering on the concrete.

Loki ran over to Spider-Man and undid his cuffs. He sat down on the floor and pulled Peter onto him.

"P-Peter? Are you okay?" Loki whispered, groaning internally at the sound of his stutter.

Peter pulled his mask up a little so Loki could see his mouth and nose and said:

"You saved me, Loki. I'm okay now, thanks to you!" Peter smiled at Loki and pulled his mask down.

Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers quickly ran over to Peter and Loki, astonished at what they just witnessed. Loki had saved Peter.

Maybe he wasn't so bad after all?

"Peter, Loki, are you guys hurt?" Natasha knelt down to the same level as the teenagers, worrying about their health.

The kids both nodded as Tony, Bucky and a dishevelled Clint walked over to them. Tony had had to help Clint out of the vents and unlock Steve and Bucky's bedroom door. Bruce was currently sleeping on a lobby sofa, still knocked out.

Peter gingerly sat up, groaning at the pain in his back. Those HYDRA agents had done a number on him. Loki pulled his golden horned helmet off and smiled at him.

Everyone was wrong about the god.

Suddenly, several black vans pulled up along the road next to the Avengers, Spider-Man and Loki. A dozen SHEILD agents marched out of the vehicles, along with a tall man who wore an eyepatch and a long, black willowy cloak.

Tony, Steve and Natasha stood in front of Peter and Loki, not wanting Nick Fury to make any sort of interaction with either of them. Clint didn't join them, instead he stood warily behind Peter and Loki, still not trusting the god although he knew the truth.

Clint knew what happened, Clint could change what happened here today. He could prove the innocence of one God of Mischief.

"There's no use trying to hide it Stark, Cap, Romanoff, we know you're harbouring a wanted criminal. Hand him over and we'll let you off lightly. Don't hand him over..." Fury let the threat hang, but the three Avengers didn't seem threatened by it. They stood their ground and stayed silent.

A huge crowd of people were currently filming the conversation, which was dangerous. Everyone would know about Loki by now.

"Agents, open f-"

"Wait." Clint interrupted Fury, and sauntered over to him.

"Loki did not do what everyone thinks he did. He was tortured for several months by the Mad Titan, Thanos, in order for him to break. Thanos broke Loki, and sent him to Earth with the spear. He purposely made a big scene in Germany so the Avengers would come and arrest him, but the spear was controlling him so he escaped and killed Coulson. Thanos forced him to do that as punishment for getting captured so easily.

When Loki fought with his brother, he tried to tell him what was going on. Thor didn't get the message. Only once the Hulk smashed Loki up Thanos released his control over Loki so he could suffer. Another punishment for failing. Loki is innocent, and I've known all along. I just couldn't believe it yet. We were both victims of Thanos, but I turned a blind eye and held a grudge against Loki.

There is also evidence that Loki's father did not treat him well on his return to Asgard. I'm sure we can get Thor to explain that. He helped his father with torturing Loki."

Clint looked around nervously at all the cameras, but continued.

"He saved us all today. Loki saved the Avengers. Loki saved Spider-Man. He singlehandedly took down the HYDRA agents that we couldn't."

Clint's gaze darted between the cameras and Fury, and stated:

"If you don't turn those damn cameras off I swear I will break every single one of them. Fury, can we take this inside?"

Tony and Steve watched the arrow man flee back into the safety of the tower, knowing that his social anxiety was acting up. Almost all of the Avengers had some sort of mental health issue, but that was fine. They were a family, and families accept each other for who they are.

Natasha helped Peter get up, and then knelt back down to help Loki. Loki had his head bent and was trying to avoid the gaze of everyone.

Natasha knew the adrenaline rush he had felt earlier was gone, and the god looked tired and in pain.

"Do you want me to carry you?" She whispered to Loki. He paused, but then sighed and nodded: his legs were aching and it was going to hurt to move.

Natasha scooped Loki up, feeling uneasy about how light he was. Loki clutched his helmet and buried his head into Nat's shoulder, obviously hating the stares and scowls he was getting.

Spider-Man looped his arm around Nat's, and walked with her back into the tower, obviously tired.

Natasha, Loki, Peter, Steve, Tony and Nick Fury squished into the elevator, an uncomfortable silence filling the small metal room.

As soon as the lift dinged they all filed out into the common room, and sat down in the lounge area, Natasha laying Loki down gently next to her.

"Explain to me this. Why is he younger?" Nick asked them all, pointing at Loki.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! 💕

Oh no! Everyone knows about Loki being back on Earth! What's going to happen next?

You'll have to read on to find out! 🍄

Love, MarvelFrog 🐸🍄🌿✨

P.S. Please feel free to correct my spelling and grammar as I wrote this chapter quite quickly and didn't stop to check it. ❤️🪴✨