chapter forty three

When the last weekend rolled in before the masquerade they plan for me to take a part of, we find myself in a Croatian forest and up in the hills

When the last weekend rolled in before the masquerade they plan for me to take a part of, we find myself in a Croatian forest and up in the hills. We were able to get here in courtesy of whatever spell they knew to transfer us from one place to another in just a few seconds.

I walked with Jungwon and Ni-ki on either side of me. We followed Jay as he leads the way to the waterfall. Behind us, Heeseung and Jake were talking about how they had trained here before. Above us, Sunoo and Sunghoon were literally floating like balloons as they were too lazy, in my opinion, to walk along in the treacherous ground.

Headmaster Kim allowed them to take me out of their academy, seeing I'm refusing to join their school classes. I'm demanding for answers about my identity and my connections to Khan.

Instead of answering me, he had given me an out instead from the place they had made me a prisoner to. Only that I can do anything there and I have free food. The best part is having seven vampires being all around you all day.

They were all handsome to say the least of my lunch. What more could I ask for?

Sunoo was fully irked as Ni-ki kept on ramblings about his plans to play prank on Professor Min by throwing fishes he would bait here in our return at the school.

I pity him in advance. The stern Professor surely wasn't going to spare him this time around.

The forest seemed quite silent except for Ni-ki's continous ramblings, Heeseung and Jake's quiet talks and the chirping of the birds. We had to walk a long distance until we reached the waterfall.

For some sense of normalcy, I begged them to not use any of their abilities. Well, except Jay's to navigate through their forest that they were sure is free of their kind and is mostly visited by humans.

Half an hour already passed and we were still walking. I wonder if Jay forgot the route and we were just roaming in the woods.

Instead of dying from any supernaturals, we would die together in starvation and of all places, in the middle of nowhere.

Jake seemed to mirror my thoughts as he asked, "Jay, are you sure you didn't forget the route?"

"The last time we were here had been a century", Jay deadpans, turning to him with a blank look, "We will reach it in a few minutes, okay?"

And then he resumed his march ahead.

I was already tired and I swear if we don't reach it fast, then I am going to ask Sunoo to put his power on me and let me levitate with him and Sunghoon in the air, to save my feet the job of walking.

Ni-ki whined the whole journey about not finding any critters like squirrel. Usually, I enjoyed his childish behaviours but now it was really eating on my head.

My stomach was grumbling and my head hurt so bad like someone was pricking it with thorns. I kept my head bent down and walked trying not to get frustrated when in one of those fleeting seconds, I glimpsed Jungwon is playing with something from his pocket.