chapter thirty eight

The girl woke up with a bolt gasping for breath

The girl woke up with a bolt gasping for breath. Eversince the day she was told to stay here, she always had the same dream of Jungwon kissing her until her lips bled but it never ended up like this.

It would always stop with him saying something about the curse of fate to his group.

Did it really happened or it was only her imagination that they'd kissed with the end of Sunoo giving her the taste of death?

She checked around the cavernous room, lacking any windows and also lacking any state of the walls being cracked. Her hands felt around her neck to be sure of any punctured holes, but it was to her relief finding none.

The skin in her neck were still smooth and untouched by any monstrosity.

That's when the hair in the back of her neck raised. Y/N couldn't explain it but she felt his presence in the room even before he announced himself to her.

Her eyes were heavy with sleep and she can bet that she looked a kitten who just woke up from a bad dream.

"Y/N...", came out his voice like a cracked whisper even though he wanted to stay immune to the sight of the beautiful girl before him.

It was kind of scary for him to see her getting paler day by day. He wanted to stay hidden and strong in the shadows, but with her, it was impossible.

She, as the one in that dream of his, was the greatest weaknesses of his and he couldn't do anything about that, since the mate-link between them has long been destroyed.

He started watching her closely the day they stepped through this world. He couldn't let that happen again, for her to be taken away from him but what if the reason this time is one of his beloved friends?

"Don't tell me you can also read through my dreams?", she asked, wary of him already, but even with that facade on her face, she was quite curious to him visiting in here.

But boy was he doing a better job in hiding his true feelings towards her.

What the hell was he supposed to say?

He even forgot the speech he had and the reason why she was scared of him, and the dreamt she had, he couldn't apologize properly.

"Are you scared of me?", he finally asked, "Do you hate me?"

"I don't", she muttered, his breath calmed, "I'm just cautious because of the way you acted around me.."

That hurt a lot, but he knew that she had a full right to feel like that. He hadn't been exactly making it easy for her compared to the other boys being nice to her all the time.

"I'm sorry", he mused, "How can I make it feel better?"

"Maybe next time?", she countered immediately and he felt nervous to feel her energy draining somehow.