Detective Potter

Harry walked to the crime seen to take a look at the dead body. His assistant Draco Malfoy eyed the body but didn't know what to do, since he was still a detective-in-training.

"So?"
"Name of the victim is Sarah Smith." Draco snorted at the ridiculous name, "is there something you'd like to say? As you just interrupted me." Harry said glaring at him.
"No, nothing at all detective." Harry continued speaking, "It looks like the victim was shot twice right in the head. Draco can you check the pockets and the victims jacket while I go talk to the victims husband." Draco nodded as he put on his gloves.

"Excuse me."
"Yes?"
"You are the victims husband right?" Harry asked.
"Yes I am"
"I am so sorry for your loss, but do you anyone she was fighting with or anyone who had the slightest intention to hurt her?"
"Well there was someone. Her brother"
"Can you tell me his name, where he was last seen, and what were his intentions?"

"His name is Carmen, I heard him fighting with Sarah yesterday"
"Why were they fighting?"
"Well Carmen and Sarah used to share a business together, but a few years ago Sarah decided to take over the business herself and when he realized that he wasn't getting any money, he called her yesterday and they started arguing a but till I heard him say 'ill get my revenge'" Harry closed his notepad and asked where Carmen lived.
"He lives a few blocks away from us," he said writing down the address and giving it to Harry, Harry nodded and thanked him. He walked over to see if draco had found anything.

"Hey draco, have you found anything?" Harry asked.
"Well yes, it's a company card" draco said handing him the card.
"Sarah's Restaurant? Well the husband did mention she runs a business but I didn't realize it was a restaurant."
"And I also found this next to the body, its a keychain" draco said putting the keychain in a plastic bag.

"Oh wow you're learning already" Harry said causing draco to roll his eyes.
"Draco! We still have to go visit 4 privet drive, apparently that's where the suspect lives." Draco nodded.

The two got into the car and drove to 4 privet drive. Once they got there, they got out of the car and knocked on the door. It was opened by "Carmen"

"Hello, are you Carmen?" Harry asked.
"Yes I am, is there something I can do for you?"
"Yes we would like to ask you a few questions and search your house, and yes we have a warrant." Carmen nodded and let them inside.

Draco whispered in Harry ear.
"What do we do first? Search the house or ask the questions?"
"Ask the questions first" Harry whispered back.

"So Mister Carmen, where were you yesterday?" Harry asked.
"Well I was at a club last night"
"Is there anyone that can verify that?"
"Yes, my friend was with me, he also crashed at my place, he's in the other room." Harry nodded and continued asking the questions.
"So is it true that you were arguing on the phone with your sister who died a hours right after you hung up the phone?"
"Wait she's dead!?!"
"Yes, she is" Carmen look liked he was about to cry but he held back his tears and said " yes it was true I was arguing with her, but I'd never try and kill her"  Harry nodded.
"Draco can you continue asking him the questions while I go search the house just in case?"
"Of course detective!" Draco said excitedly since it was the first time he got to ask the questions. He found it rather exciting really.

Harry searched the house but found nothing, he even woke up Carmens friend to confirm, and it was apparently true. Carmen indeed was not the murderer

"Draco! He's not the murder." Draco nodded and thanked them for their time.  The two got in the car trying to fit the pieces together.

"What about the restaurant the victim owns? We could go there and question the employees."
"You really are enjoying this aren't you?"
"Well yeah, it is my first case , even if I'm still in training" Harry chuckled and started driving to the restaurant.

Soon they got there. And questioned everyone. But nothing seemed out of the ordinary or suspicious.

"DAMNIT!"
"What wrong now detective Potter?"
"I just can't figure it out, who is the murderer."
"Harry just relax, we could go back to the precinct and check if there were any fingerprints on the keychain." Draco said holding Harry hand.
"Y-yeah" Harry muttered, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

The two got back into the car and drove to the precinct. The two kept sneaking glances at each other but they were to oblivious to realize they liked each other. they soon arrived back at the precinct.

"Oh Draco,Harry! You two are back! Anyways I found some fingerprints on the keychain" Hermione said pulling up the fingerprints.
"Do you know who's they are?" Harry asked.
"Well they are the husbands."
"So the husbands the murderer?" Draco asked a bit unsure if he was right or not.

"Well you are right, and as I was looking into him, i found out that he is wanted for murder, arson, and identity theft, his real name is Mike Merkin. Age 28."

"Holy fuck"
"Well I think we just found our murderer." Harry said grabbing his gun and his car keys. And handing draco a gun as well.
"Are you sure you wanna hand ME a gun? I mean I'm still a trainee."
"No you're not, by the power invested in me blah blah you are now a detective" draco chuckled and followed Harry outside to the car.

They drove to where Mike was staying and found that he was packing his bags.
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR"
Mike grabbed draco and held a gun to his head.
"If you come closer I'll shoot him

"Drop the gun!" Harry said backing away. Mike didn't listen. So Harry shot him in his knee causing him to let go of draco. Draco fell into Harry's arms looking terrified. "Are you okay?" Harry asked. "Yeah I guess"then Harry put handcuffs on the guy. Who was screaming saying to let him go.
"Soon the other police arrived and took him in"
After that Harry hugged draco.
"Fuck I wanna do something so bad"
"Do what Harry?"
"This" harry said pulling draco into a kiss. Seconds later they pulled apart the two of them blushed and got in the car to drive back to the precinct

                    And they lived happily ever after the end😃