19 ; Engaged

*cringe chapter ahead.*

XIUMIN POV:

"I and your daughter had been together for years now. I've been planning on doing this for a while now but I wanted to respect your family's tradition. And I'm here to have your permission because I'm going to propose to iRiS," I explained to iRiS' parents who looked amused with what I said. Yes, you read it right, I'm going to propose to the love of my life. Making this decision has been hard for me. I was a coward before as I was too scared to do it. I was scared of rejection and was doubting myself.

After a few silent moments, their shocked emotions turn into soft ones.
"Thank you for respecting our tradition. And of course, we would love for you both to have a lovely life," iRiS mom said which made me relieved. A smile plastered on my face as I hugged her back. Pulling away from the hug, I patiently waited for iRiS's Dad's answer. His face is emotionless and he just sat there, looking at his wife and me.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as iRiS' mom hugged him tightly. "Finally!" His sudden eruption. He stood up from his seat and went to me as we hugged.
"I've been waiting for this moment,"  he said as my heart exploded with happiness. Finally, I get to propose to my first and last.

After 2 weeks of preparation.

AUTHOR'S POV:

Xiumin is currently in front of the mirror, either admiring himself or trying to not vomit from nervousness. Everyone, including their friends and family, helped with the preparation. Everything was now set as they were just now patiently waiting for iRiS to arrive. The place where the proposal is happening is where they went on their first date, the beach. Knowing iRiS, she loves the sound of the ocean.

Xiumin is now standing near the water, hearing footsteps approaching. His lifeline entered, he can't see his future without her in his life. "Love..." The two said as he pulled her into a hug. "I can stay like this with you forever," iRiS said. iRiS is wearing a tight shiny dress with her hair freely flying in the wind.

After minutes, they pulled away from the hug. Xiumin gave her a peck on the lips as he pulled the chair for her. "Thanks, gentleman," iRiS said between laughs. Xiumin now then sat. "I love you," Xiumin said while playing with her fingers.

"I love you too," iRiS said. After a bit of catching up, their food is now served. iRiS looked a bit surprised with the setup. "You planned this?" She asked her lover while slowly slicing the steak. "Yes, for you," Xiumin answered without hesitation.

After eating, they are now slow dancing under the moonlight. Her head was placed on his shoulder and his hands were wrapped around her waist.

I'm saying things I don't believe
And your love casts its shadow on the things I do
And I can hear so clearly all the words I wish I said
You're stuck in my head

"My lifeline, we've been together for so long. I've known and loved you for so long. I've been with you for how long? 7? or 8 years? We've been through ups and downs together. I was there with you through your journey, and you're there with me, too. You're the one who makes up for my flaws. You're the one who kept me up...

But I only think of you
Will we be together soon?
I'm thrown to the wayside
You're planted in my mind

...You made me realize that I deserved to be loved. You're the one who makes me keep on going. You stood up for me. Your simplicity and honesty inspire me...

But I don't wanna be
okay without you

...Having you by my side is what completes me, Park Hyejin, my lifeline, Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Xiumin's shoulder is now wet with his lover's tears. The next thing iRiS knows was Xiumin, kneeling with a ring in his hand, waiting for her answer. "I would love to, my first and last,"

hhaechanahceahh !