{Chapter 16} Confusion

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter Characters :)Or stuff that J.K. Rowling owns okay!

Chapter 16: Confusion

            I lay there, on my bed staring at my old fashion locket my mom had given to me long ago. There was still a faint red stain on the picture from last night. I sighed as I looked at the photo again, the burrow was very much in the background, and I remembered. Everything, at least, I think it was everything.

It was late last night, after Fred had taken Clary and I home from the burrow.

I felt the nausea overwhelm me as I held onto Fred’s arm and soon we were in my apartment. I looked over at Fred to see he was holding Clary in his arms, and one of my hands was gripping onto Fred’s arm while the other held the bags. “Thanks Fred.” I said as he grinned down at me.

“Miss Riddle, how many times do I have to tell you not to thank me?” he asked as I smiled.

“Just a few more times, and its common courtesy to thank a person.” I said as Fred smiled.

“Where should I put Clary?” he asked as I smiled down at the sleeping girl. We had returned home late at night, so figures she would fall asleep.

“Just in her room should be fine, it’s the one at the end of the hall.” I said pointing to the direction as he nodded and walked towards the room as I went into the kitchen and started to fix up some tea when Fred came back. “Um Fred, before you leave would you like some tea?”

Fred smiled, “Are you going to harass me about my decision?” he asked looking down at me as I smiled faintly. Everyone in the Weasley family, including Hermione, Harry, Max, and Angelous were extremely upset with Fred’s decision about going to America. I was… upset, but I would never tell Fred that. This is what he wanted apparently, and it would be a good opportunity, I mean isn’t America the land filled with opportunities or something? Anyways, like I’ve said to myself and others a million times before, Fred and I were just friends… who have shared a few estrange kisses.

“No, at least not yet.” I said with a smile as I noticed Fred’s smile turn to a frown, but it returned back to a grin so quickly that I wasn’t even sure if what I saw was real.

“Okay then, let’s have some tea!” he exclaimed as I smiled and led him over to the small table perched in the wall, underneath the window that looked over the muggle streets of London, England. We sat down and chatted idly while we enjoyed the tea I had prepared.

“So… what made you want to take the job in America?” I asked as Fred shrugged.

“I just figured, there was nothing here for me anymore.” He said as I frowned slightly.

“What about your family? I’m sure they are going to miss you.” I said as Fred smiled.

“Yes, but I can still see them on holidays and what not, sort of like I do now. They don’t necessarily need me.” He said as I frowned slightly, for some reason I wanted to blurt out that Clary needed you… and maybe someone else.

“You know Clary is going to miss you like crazy, she’s already going berserk over this.” I said with a small smile as Fred frowned slightly.

“Yes… I’m going to miss that little munchkin too. She’s possibly one of my favorite girls here.” He said as I smiled lightly. “Ah, I won’t be able to fend off the evil boys that are going to come after her in the future.”