{Chapter 6} A Date with Fred Weasley

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter Characters :)

Chapter 6: A Date with Fred Weasley

            “Miss Riddle, go on a date with me.”

I stared at Fred with a blank stare; I blinked a couple times completely shocked by what he had just said. “Uh… what?” I asked unsure, I must have heard him wrong.

Fred stared down at me and gave me a grin. “I said go on a date with me.” Fred said unfazed by my blank stare. I blinked a couple more times, and then realization washed over me like a wave. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in embarrassment. Fred Weasley, my friend and now manager, was asking me on a date?

“You’re asking me on a date?” I asked still unsure, I really must get my hearing checked. Fred smiled and looked up at the ceiling for a second and then back at me.

“Hmmm I wouldn’t say asking, I’d say it was more like a command.” He responded with a smirk as I blinked at him.

“You’re serious?” I asked, for some odd reason I just couldn’t get this over me, I mean Fred had to be joking or messing with me, he always did.

“I am.” He responded as he looked down at me with a serious face.

“Wait, but…. Why… I….” I stuttered blushing, he wanted to go on a date… with me? “I…. I can’t.”

Fred frowned as he looked down at me, “I believe you can.”

“You don’t know if I can or not.” I frowned looking up at Fred who smirked.

“Come on Carrot Head, you can go on one measly date with your manager.” Fred said with a sly smirk as I blushed.

“I….” I said unsure, I sort of wanted to, but the other part of me said not to, the other part of me was afraid that it would ruin what I have now with Fred.

“I won’t accept no for an answer carrot head.” Fred said looking down at me with a smirk; I cocked an eyebrow at him.

“Then why even ask?” I asked him questionably.

“Because I am a gentlemen.” He responded with a grin as I rolled my eyes.

“Hardly.” I said with a smile on my face, “Fred you need to leave, you’re a distraction when I’m trying to work.” I said turning away from him as I went over to the broken glass and started to sweep it up with a broom. I heard Fred walk over to me as he started to help.

“Come on Miss Riddle, I want to hear you say it.” He said looking at me as I rolled my eyes.

“Didn’t you say you wouldn’t accept no for an answer?” I questioned as he smiled.

“Yes…. But I’d still like to hear you accept it.” He responded, “I’m not going to stop bugging you until you do.”