1

|Keegan Bierman|

"Cynthia...it won't change what I saw.", "Whatever Keegan, I'm glad you found out earlier. I am breaking up with you." I couldn't help but break down, like a little girl...I thought she was my life sweetheart but as they say a wolf covered in sheep clothing.

My door bust open, my heavy eyes met with my younger sister, who was picking up and tramping over rubbish and threw a pack of cigarettes to my face. I let out a soft groan.

"At your big age." She started, "Keegan. It's been a year now, get over that bitch."

"Karmen, you're 14 you wouldn't know what love is."

"I wouldn't want to know in the first place." She opened the curtains. I immediately closed my eyes and looked to the other side.

"You need to go back to school, you can't be laying here. What's this? Dru— oh sweets I see."

She was mumbling to herself, I got out of bed and stretched. I did indeed have a bad smell.

"It won't be easy for me, I barely left the house since last April." I justified, looking for my glasses.

"Gosh did you pick up on weight??"

"Shut up."

"All I am saying is that, University seems great Keegan. You can be like a Bachelorette."

"Bachelorette?" I let out a laugh.

"Yes don't you watch the show?"

"Do not be ridiculous Chica."

"Why have one if you can have them all, you look amazing, way too handsome for a female. No offense but genuinely you look good now look at you, being a waste of sperm."

"Karmen!" My mother and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Pero mama, am I lying!?" Karmen pulled her mouth and crossed her arms.

"Well no but you didn't have to say it like that baby. You'll understand once you have a first love."

"Judging from you two? I'll be better off alone."

Mom and I looked at each other and smiled.

"How are you feeling Keegan?, varisty starts in a few days."

"I feel horrible. Unlike myself" I sighed and picked up my glasses, wiping them against my shirt.

"This is why you need to be on Campus. You'll see other beauties and forget about Cynthia." She fixed her cardigan.

"Mom was that a Romeo and Juliet qoute?" Karmen asked.

"Yes but this is for your sister. Keegan amor, this is unlike you. It is not like you are going through a divorce." my mom attempted to encourage.

"I know... I know but that's a lot years wasted." I leaned against the wall.

"You are still a child, explore. Cynthia is not coming back, she cheated, had a child with another person so it's a sign. Who knows maybe in Uni you'll find some hot babes." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I think mom is right, I'll help you clean your room only if you promise to have fun on Campus and update me first." Karmen smiled. I shook my head and smiled.

"Deal. I can't promise anything."

"Does not hurt to try..."

I listened to their words...
Which got me tangled up and twisted..
I ended up loving two people...
My heart refused to choose...
But she was chosen.