20

|Previously|
|Keegan Bierman|

I was back at the apartment to see a crying Kaes and Paxton who consoled her.

"What do you mean he is gone Kaes?" I asked, again for more clarity. I hope he is not stupid to kill himself.

She sniffled trying to catch her breath, "A guy came by with a letter saying it's from Everett." Her breath hitched and she wiped her tears, "It says that "it was fun to be around but I don't think I can do it anymore" and some other shit he said."

My face softened as Paxton passed me the letter that was stained with tears. I read it, I felt so devastated. Many emotions rushing through me. I sighed, trying to remain calm.

"We'll find him..." I assured.

Three days went by after that incident we managed to gather the money that chief had asked for. We met at the same spot. I dropped the money at his feet.

"Same amount with a bit of interest. I don't ever want to see you around him ever again." I warned chief who wss counting his stack of cash.

"You have my word boy."

"I better because, I will. Kill you." I, then walked away.

|Present time|
|A month later|
|Keegan Bierman|

Exam season has ended for some people, like myself. Paxton and Kaes still had Art practicals to do.

Zariah and I still kept what was going on between us. Going on dates and doing things that should be kept PG.

We were currently walking around Campus while she played with my hand. I felt worried for Everret. He did not even say where he is or where he left to?

Is this boy mad?

Question is, is he even alive?

"You seem to be in thought?" Zariah snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I am just quite worried for Ev." I sighed, "Babe. Kaes hasn't been herself, she's always trying to reach out for him. We all do."

"I'm sorry...I asked Toby and his crew and uhm...that guy didn't have real friends." She confessed.

"What do you mean?"

"They told me he should die wherever he is. He won't get anywhere in life,  they were tired of him and just other horrible things." She said in a soft manner.

My blood began to boil in anger.

"I found out that also they used to beat him up..."

"Who told you this?"

"There's a guy I know -"

"You sound like a Dad." I teased.

She scoffed, "I am my father's daughter. Anyways he used to Everett's roomie so he would look for him of he is not home by the set curfew."

"Yeah?"

"One or maybe a couple of times he would catch Everret in a fight with Toby and the gang and Chief used to watch them. Apparently they did that to shape him up and ooof."

I just exhaled forcefully, "That's why he used to have scars?"

"Yep...this poor guy."

"Since you know so much. Do you know where he is?." I raised my eyebrow.

We stopped walking and she looked at me with the "I am about to disappoint" you eyes. I Narrowed my gaze.

"I don't. I am sure my sister knows."

I groaned, "Yeah...no shit. Why her?"

"They basically like best friends. I wasn't THAT close with Everret. Besides I think it's time you two spoke."

I sighed. This is where heaven and hell is about to collide.