27

|One week before Christmas|
|Keegan Bierman|

"Your mother intimidates me," Alvira shrugged and let out a stressed out sigh.

"That nice lady? Come on she is not that bad."

"Looks can be deceiving." She looked at me. I chuckled.

"True, but she is not worth your stress. You've met her before."

'I mean yeah but not like I spoke to her."

I let out a laugh. I held her hand, squeezing it lightly. I need to ask my mother for a car, I'm tired of seeming like a freeloader. Currently I am driving Alvira's car, might as well consider it as shared car. I should check my savings and see if I can apply for one.

I was driving us back to Summerville, my hometown. Where I grew up. It's almost Christmas and I promised not to miss it – I miss my sister as well so hopefully I can see her.

I am sure you are wondering why I am taking Alvira home?

She offered her company in order to avoid going to Grenada, Zariah already ditched weeks ago to Tanzania for a get away holiday so here we are.

"Will your dad be there?," she asked innocently.

"Dad? What's that?" I tried to mask my voice with confusion.

"Do not scare me like that." She frowned.

"Relax. I don't have one." I smiled.

"Serious? What happened?"

" You're cute. So..." I huffed, "so my mom is infertile and she has always wanted kids of her own. She once adopted a boy but the guy found his family so that was a devastating time period. My mom got a surrogate, and here I am. My sister is also from the same surrogate but difficult fertilizer. Her eyes are more green then mine."

"Oh? I never knew this. So it's just you and your sister?"

"Yep. My mother hates the thought of settling down, the furthest she has gone is getting engaged which didn't end well."

"There's so much I don't know about you..." that rolled off her tounge speechlessly.

"I'll keep it that way until further notice." I grinned.

We drove past a board sign written Welcome to Summerville it had  Miami alternative features. This is a party city, some people come here to retire at the coast, Rocks hill. Many come here because of the pay, way above national average.

The air has always been moist and refreshing. The weather conditions were perfect for vegetation that's why it is well known for its agricultural sites. I drove past the city, I saw Alvira watch in amusement as if she is in a different world.

The clouds were grey, the weather calls for a warm living room and hot beverages. I drove off to the northern side, the "rich" side of the city. Mountains, beaches you name it.

"Oh my goodness! Then you decided to decide in NEV?. This place is so amazing compared to what I've seen." She broke the silence, I giggled.