Chapter 7

"Please don't get hurt" Whispered Taylor to herself as she watched Steve on one of the SHEILD monitors.

Natasha stood and stared at the screen, barley showing any emotion towards what was happening. Meanwhile, Steve had arrived to people screaming in panic as explosions took place all over the city. 

"People, calm down, head to the subways, quick!" he commanded.

Most of the people hurried, listening to his orders as they crammed themselves in the subway. Steve sighed as shots of blue light hit more and more buildings.

I have to get these people out of here, he thought.

     He saw a little girl that had fallen and was hiding underneath the chairs of a cafe. He saw that one of the blue lights was going to hit her as the huge gun was aimed for her. Should he rescue the girl by taking his shield to shield the two of them or throw it and hope its hits the gun and shoots something else. He raced towards the girl and scooped her up in his arms as the gun unleashed its fire on the two. He raced to the subway to take her down when one of the blue lights hit the spot in front of him making the asphalt come out of shape. He stopped dead in his tracks and covered the girls head so that none of the bits and pieces of road would hit her. The only way to the subway was past that thing, he knew that he would be shot in an instant if he were to run past. As the gun went to unleash fire on him again, a shot of a red, orange light hit it making an explosion, but not big enough to destroy the thing. He turned around to see Kyler with gun like things at the ends of her elbows instead of her arms, hands and fingers. This shocked him for a bit. She raced to him, as the guns that were her arms melted and reformed back into her arms. She regained all finger and arm like features as she ran to him.

"Sorry but Captain, I’ll take her to the subway, you deal with this guy" she said.

"How di-"

"I'll explain later" she said as she picked up the girl in her arms.

Steve nodded "Go that way, it won't see you if you use that trail!" he said. 

     Kyler picked up the girl in her arms and went running. Steve threw his shield at the robot thing, making it fall to the ground. He leaped up to the top and opened the hatch to see....no one. He sighed angry and frustrated. He stood up and felt the sudden urge to move. He turned around to see another robot standing there as a blue light was about to hit him. He had no time to react as everyone stood on the edge of their seats at SHIELD as he had caught his foot in one of the gaps of the other robot that he was standing on. The light rushed toward him in a fast manner. This was the first time he didn't know what to do.

"CAPT" exclaimed Skylar as she swung down from a rope and grabbed Steve and pulled him out of the way just as the light hit right where he would have been. Skylar landed on the ground with Steve next to her. He grabbed his shield which had been thrown to a building and sighed.

"It’s about time you showed" he replied "I could use the help solider"

"We found what we needed" she replied stern "So i thought i'd help"

"That fast?" he asked surprised.

She nodded "Yes, where's Kyler?"

"She took a civilian down to the subway" he said "A child in fact"

Skylar showed no emotion and pulled out her guns "I’ll take it from the back, you deal with it in the front" she said as she loaded them with odd looking bullets "Don't worry if I get hit or not, just worry about yourself"

He knew she was just trying to be a hero and such so he let it be "Okay, lets take this thing down!"

*******

"STEVE!" exclaimed Taylor as she ran up and hugged him tightly around the neck "Are you hurt or-"

Steve cut her off by kissing her on the lips softly. She smiled at his touch to quickly shut her up. Skylar rolled her eyes annoyed as she walked by.

"Pft, lovers" she hissed under her breath.

Steve released and looked at Skylar oddly. Taylor did as well "What's so wrong about being in love?"

Skylar glanced back and sighed "They always leave you or break your heart"

"Is that what happened to you?" asked Taylor confused.

Skylar started to cringe with anger "I. don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It" she simply said as she walked off "Love is for children, and I am no child" she said down the hallway as she disappeared.

"Please excuse Skylar for her behavior" said Natasha "She's just down in the dumps ever since she got back"

"Got back from where?" asked Steve.

"Her home town" said Natasha looking away "Something happened there that changed her, but she'll get over it, like she always does"

"Nice work out there Capt" said Nick coming out of the shadows.

"Thanks" blushed Steve "But......we didn't find any evidence at all, nothing not even a small crumb"

Kyler looked at the Director in worry. Natasha just sat in one of the chairs not even glancing at Nick.

"We'll find something" said Nick "In time"

"So....does that mean Steve has the night off?" asked Taylor.

"If Skull or Doom don't attack, then yes" said Natasha.

Taylor smiled and grabbed his hand "I want to show you this really cool place I found hidden in the Helicarrier" She dragged Steve off into the dark of than hallway with a smile.

"I heard about your rescue Ky" said Skylar coming back into the room with her iPad in her hands as she was searching something "Good job, that’s what I trained you for"

Kyler smiled at Sky's words "Thank you" she said "It means a lot for you to say that"

"Where's Capt?" asked Skylar not looking up from the iPad as she clicked away.

"He went with Taylor somewhere" said Natasha.

Skylar rolled her eyes "Pft. Typical" she hissed still foucused on what she was doing on the iPad.

"Why so angry Agent S?" asked Nick serious.

"It’s my business to deal with" she replied rude as she glanced up from the iPad then back at what she was doing.

"You’re not dealing with it very well though" Said Natasha "You need to talk to some one about it"

"I do" she hissed "Me, myself and Clint" she hissed as she stood up and left the room leaving her iPad on the table. 

"Grumpy" said Kyler.

"What was she researching?" asked Natasha as she slid over to where Skylar's iPad was. Her eye brows grew in question and rose at the sight of what Skylar was researching.

"What was she researching?" asked Kyler peeking over.

"The most wanted list for SHIELD" said Natasha.

"Isn't that good?" asked Kyler.

"Yes, but she was looking at already caught people" said Natasha.

"Who exactly?" asked Nick concerned.

"Um..........uh...." Natasha grew in question "She's bee clinking on all of Loki's past profiles"

"Why is she researching him?" asked Kyler "Isn't he already caught and in jail"

"I think so but.....I don't know" said Natasha.

"It seems that Skylar knows something that we don't" said Nick serious "Keep an eye on her Romanoff, something doesn't seem right about this"

Natasha nodded. What was Skylar up to?