Chapter 8 "White Fang[3]" & "Masked"

You and Raven were kinda staring at one another and someone would try to sneak up behind her.

She seemed to read your eyes as for she suddenly turned and swept their leg lifting her boot she'd step on their head.

'That must've hurt.' You thought, looking at the guy.

Raven looked at you closely before walking over to you. Her hand went to your jaw and sat there for a moment.

'Are they flirting mid-fight?!' Roman, Neo and Decker sweat dropped.

"That scar on your face... It's new. Who did it?" She said, dragging her finger over it.

"It was her." You said, pointing at Neo.

Raven's gaze would turn murderous as her hand went down to the grip of her weapon.

"Neopolitan!" She shouted before dashing at Neopolitan.

Neopolitan looked scared. Roman stood in front of her with both his daggers readied.

You turned back to the group of White Fang in front of you.

"Well, I have to help her out. I'm sure you guys understand, right?"

You quickly went around precisely, hit each of their vagus nerves and they'd fall unconscious.

Looking over, you saw Raven fighting off Roman, Decker and Neopolitan all at the same time.

Albeit struggling with Decker's incessant teleporting, she was alive.

You grabbed the sword from the ground and dashed to Raven's side, surprising her.

She'd turn to look and see the group of White Fang, all unconscious.

"Oh, looks like you're back." Roman said.

"I guess?"

"And you brought your girlfriend with you."

"She—"

"Roman I will kill you." Raven spoke.

A shiver would go down Roman's spine. "Oh, the scary lady is threatening me!"

"Jeez, why are you so afraid of a girl?"

"She's not just a 'girl'. That is Raven Branwen, leader of the Branwen tribe that is infamous for raiding villages and stealing their resources afterward their attacks attract Grimm that then kill everyone in the village, leaving behind nothing but bodies and destroyed remains."

It shocked you to hear such a thing.

"That's the past. I've changed."

"I can see that. You attacked us and you even have boy-wonder here as your boyfriend. And looks like he wasn't too aware of your past."

You stared at Roman, your facial expression unreadable.

You'd sigh.

"We all have skeletons in our closet that we don't want to talk about."

Before anyone could react, you jabbed Roman on the cheek, deliberately missing his jaw and blasting him back.

Raven looked surprised.

"Raven, we can talk later. Right now, we're allies, right?"

"Right."

"Good. That's all that matters. The present."

Decker would teleport in front of Raven and Neopolitan would dash at you with a multitude of sword thrusts, all in vital places.

'She knows her stuff.' You thought while avoiding the attacks.