第七章

CHAPTER SEVEN

The alarm resounded for the nth time. Unfortunately, it was a lullaby to Chen Li Sha's ears. The phone snoozed once more before ringing again. This time, her eyelids twitched. 

A groan escaped her lips and magic coursed on her fingers. Her ungloved right hand swiped over the phone while she returned to her slumber. 

This was a well-deserved rest from their nonstop missions. Be it morning or night, monsters loved to appear whenever they liked as if they were rushing for death.

But not just a few minutes later, knocks banged through her door. It did not stop until she was jolted awake. With a scowl, she got up from the bed, screaming. "Wait!"

The banging did stop while she looked for her phone, only to see a deformed piece of metal on the bedside. Suddenly glancing at her fingers bared in daylight, all the drowsiness escaped her brain. 

'Urgh. Not again.' Her magic had always been uncontrollable but she never felt comfortable wearing gloves while sleeping. Yet every time she did not put it on, it just proved how her magic was better sealed. 

Grabbing her robe, she opened the door.

"What!"

"You have a mission! Let's go!" Carlos's smiling face appeared, nonchalant to her pissed-off expression as if being used to it.

After his disappearance yesterday, they decided it was better to leave him but now he was more dedicated to his designated job — alerting them about their mission to the point of annoyance.

"When is this even going to stop?" Liu Hui comes from behind, yawning with a hint of disgruntlement.

"What about Guo Feng?" Zhu Mu Yang also exited his room.

"I'm already here. I'm not like you lazy asses."

Chen Li Sha rolled her eyes but she had no energy to deal with it. She had been absorbing the monster's qi for a week straight. Her body needed more time to process the qi but it still craved for more to offset the energy. 

"What time is it anyway?" she asked.

"About four in the afternoon."

"What?"

She could not understand why Maharlika, a country not even a quarter of China was infested with monsters day by day. Missions back home were usually held in intervals but this?

Chen Li Sha's mind drifted to the report they were given last time. 'Maybe it's true. This is so unusual.'

But when her eyes drifted to Guo Feng's cocky grin, she was reminded of Shu Xin and the god. She had never believed in coincidence. Why did Carlos disappear for them to be separated? Why did Shu Xin appear and who was that god?

"Come on, Hunters! Let's do this!" His over-cheery tone made Chen Li Sha's brow shoot up.

There was a nagging feeling tugging her mind but she was stuck on what it was.

In the end, everyone got back to their room to prepare their things.

With a trained speed, it did not take a long time for them to finish and drive to the location of the mission.

The moment they arrived, they crossed the Wu looming over the area. But as soon as Chen Li Sha stepped over it, she jumped away when a vine almost pierced her shoulder.

The dried plant could kill anyone with just a stab, seeing how pointed it was. Not to mention, with the thorns around it, it could be considered as an additional torture that could result in a gruesome death.