第三章

CHAPTER THREE

Every pantheon had a magic that veiled all mortals from the realm of the gods. It was popularly known as Mist, but it could be referred to as Duat or Glamour. For the Chinese, they called it Wu.

Chen Li Sha was familiar with it but it was the first time she experienced it to be situated in such a buzzing place. Most entrances that were shrouded by Mist were in unsuspecting places that were far from the peering eyes. 

After all, it was not always guaranteed that using it would not create friction to the surroundings, so for them to be this bold? She could not help but be in awe of the fact that this was the entrance of the main head-fvcking-quarters.

Nevertheless, her eyes bared some disappointment upon seeing the façade. Aside from that little trick when they entered the portal, she didn't get what Carlos was so proud of pointing at the structure.

Just like the tile-pointed roofs from the arch earlier. The building has the same structure with similar color schemes. The only difference now was that it came with doors and windows, having more embellishments and engravings that emanated splendor.

If anyone asked the members of the Chinese branch, all of them would agree that this was very in line with Er Lang Shen's tacky taste. If not for Carlos standing in front of them, they would think they were back in their home country.

With a deeper frown, Chen Li Sha could not help but speak her mind as she dusted off the dirt from her behind. "Why is it almost the same as our headquarters in China?"

"Is that what you see?" Carlos said, his smile growing wider.

"Uhuh. I thought the main headquarters would be umm... more?"

"Just call it ugly and be over with this dupe of our temple," Liu Hui said, arms crossed. 

"Yeah. Why the hell is it like a Chinese temple? Ashamed of your culture?" Guo Feng added, his right brow shot up.

"You actually said some sense."

"Of course not!"

Carlos' response coincided with Chen Li Sha's. The former wanted to explain as if to defend a great honor but not fast enough for Guo Feng's reply. 

"When did I not?"

Chen Li Sha crossed her arms. "Every damn time—"

"Guys." Another warning came from Zhu Mu Yang. 

"You'll just be talking to a wall, Yang-ge." Liu Hui sideglanced the other two like he was too mature for his age when truth be told, he was the youngest.

Chen Li Sha and Guo Feng's gaze met. Their arms go over Liu Hui's shoulder.

"What do you want?" Despite the aloofness, his voice trembled a little. "Get off me."

Their hold did not budge. Similar grins reflected on both their faces.

"I guess you lack some fun, Xiao Hui?" Guo Feng said, poking his finger to Liu Hui's cheek.

"That's right. Do you remember the last time we had a blast?" Chen Li Sha faced Carlos. "Are there any theme parks here?"

"Guys." This time, Zhu Mu Yang's admonition came with a glare before turning to the poor guy who was just watching them. "What are you about to say, Carlos?"

"Ah, that. It's not that we're ashamed of our culture but can't you see? The building transforms into whatever pantheon you belong to. The main HQ is built with Duat itself so that not even you demigods or chosen mortals like me could not unveil its real appearance. Nothing less when this is magic personalized by the Hinirang!"