第四章

CHAPTER FOUR

The God's mouth was a floating apparition amidst the darkness. Anyone who had met the Supreme Chief of the Mythos knew that the Hinirang always had an obscure smile that was the only thing visible on his face. Not to mention he was always wearing a coat — a fun fact she could bet on despite the absence of light.

"Put down your weapons, children," his coarse voice echoed as every movement of those white teeth was the only thing they could focus on.

But no one followed his order. Chen Li Sha's hand tightened on the trigger guard of her gun. Electric shocks coursed through her veins. It was the sign of power flowing through her fingers. Particles of dust collected in an instant, forming the shape of a bullet inside the barrel.

"Obstinate like any other..." His words drawled out before an invisible force took away her gun.

"Hey!"

"What the fvck!"

"The hell?"

"Damn, give it back!"

Curses overlapped followed by the sound of metal meeting the carpeted floors. Chen Li Sha tried to look for her gun but it was all black. She can't even see her own hands. Nevertheless, her fingers drew a magic array in the air, summoning light into the room but there was nothing.

'Weird.' She could use magic earlier but couldn't even perform a basic spell now. She tried again. this time sensing her surroundings. With a meter away from the closed door and nothing but the Hinirang leering at them, her body was on high alert.

"Come on. Have a seat, children," his voice rang again.

"Can you get rid of your magic first?" Chen Li Sha blurted out. "I can't even see my body, what more, a chair?"

She didn't know his lips could stretch wider as soon as she said that.

"So you noticed... As expected of the daughter of Xi Wang Mu." A trace of mischief entwined his tone.

"What's that got to do with her godparent? This is a child's play. Any demigod could tell this is not an ordinary darkness." Guo Feng's annoying voice was right next to Chen Li Sha and she instinctively got away.

The Hinirang chuckled. "Are you certain about that? You might want to ask your comrades."

"Yang-ge, can't you feel it?" Chen Li Sha probed first.

"Feel what?" came Zhu Mu Yang's reply.

"How about you, Liu Hui?" she asked again.

"Nothing."

"Really?" A frown appeared on her face as the sense of being trapped enveloped her.

Without her gun, vigilance rose to her chest. Dank air had filled the room the moment they entered earlier.  It's as if the atmosphere and darkness combined froze her in her place.

This darkness was similar to the stories of the underworld. It reeked of death and doom. Stuck in this room with an enigma of a god was not something she had imagined.

The Hinirang was not a malevolent god, but that did not mean he could be compared to Buddha. Just like his identity, it was harder to know what side he stood for.

Something prickled her skin, making her jump.

"What the hell is that?"

"It hates getting recognized, you know," the Hinirang said.

Her eyes widened when his words dawned. "It's alive?"

"Yes. So get on your seat before either one of us gets irked or the consequence is not what you can handle."