Chapter 7 - The day of the tournament

-Three days later- 

I laid back on the hotel bed and stared intently into my Nintendo switch. Making my avatar rush up the steps to the Elite four.

"Get ready to get swept by a Rattata, dorks."

I jumped as my cell phone pinged and I dropped my switch on my face. 

“Great…”

I tossed my switch aside and grabbed my phone. There were exactly zero contacts in my phone saved. So, whoever texted me had to be something different. I opened it up, and noticed it was a text from Valentine. Which was weird, considering his name came up in the messages. I definitely do that. At least I didn’t do it sober…

'Hey dork, the tournament starts at eight o'clock tonight. Make sure you're not late partying, or picking up chicks. Because if you are, you'll be disqualified automatically. I'm only telling you this because you seem like the type to make enemy's pretty easily. So watch your back, someone might try and stop you from gaining the benefits.

"Aww, he cares." I chuckled.

It was only six thirty now, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go early. Not to mention Stryder or Leo could show up to this too. Especially if adding on powers is a thing. Not to mention maybe one of the S classes I tried to kill will be there…

"Nah, I couldn't be that bad." I mumbled. 

"Sir, I do not know in which you refer. However, I'd say your luck hasn't been the best lately."

"Well, I was referring to my charm Bean. It definitely isn't that bad."

"If you find them attractive, that is." 

I grumbled. 

"Really dude? Casually roasting me now?"

"Correction, if they are attractive and they find you attractive. My apologies sir."

"Why do you make me sound so bad!"

"Am I not speaking the truth sir?"

"Always with the truth.."

I got up and grabbed my shirt.

"Just shut up and get ready. The tournament starts today."

Bean nodded and jumped off the chair while I got all of my clothes back on. Once I finished, I headed to the door. As soon as I opened it up, I was greeted by the super hot room cleaner. The one I met on the first night here.  

"Oh, hey baby what's shaking?" I asked. 

However Sadie didn't say a word, she just gave me a toothy grin and moved her hands to her hips. 

"Can I come in, big boy?"

Huh, that's a whole lot different from the 'Drop dead you naked mole rat' line she gave me the other day. 

"Oh? Did my pick up line yesterday melt your heart?" 

She nodded at me and stepped forward. 

"I've been thinking about it all day."

She leaned in toward me and I immediately pulled out my Glock, and pressed it between her lips. 

"One, you haven't blinked once since this conversation started. Two, I was locked in my room all day yesterday playing Pokemon. I didn't see a single soul. So, why don't you tell me what's going on. I'd say it's pretty ironic timing also, considering it’s the same day as the test too.”