Chapter 2 - Fueling the fire

My eyes trailed around and watched as a rainbow of colors shone in the background. The lights were oddly nostalgic, everything looked exactly the same as before. Just like the day I got my powers. The only difference now was that the purple shade was erased from the rainbow. One by one each witch illuminated from their respective lights. Their long hair and dresses fluttered from a breeze that didn't exist. I wonder, what even was this place?

"Speak! What do you know!?" The Witch in red roared.

I huffed and sat up. 

“And how the hell should I know?”

“Do not play with us, child!” 

I groaned and pushed myself to my feet.

“Like I said! How am I supposed to know!? It’s not like she calls me on the regular."

“You were our sister's favorite. She must’ve left you with something.” The one in blue spoke up.

I smirked, perfect time for this.

“Well, she did say something. But I didn’t think it was anything relevant.” I mumbled and looked away.

“What? What did she mention?” The one in red demanded.

“Well, she said something about growing worried about her sister in blue. I’m sure you all saw my last big fight, besides the one today. Sounded to me like she was worried about her sister’s intentions.” I glanced back at the blue Witch, whose eyes were wide in shock.

“Nonsense, we both agreed to the fight. It was just a game…”

The rest all looked toward her.

“A game..” The one in red mumbled. 

Suddenly everything began to get consumed by a bright light. And as if I blinked, I was just suddenly back in my hotel room. I took a heavy breath and glanced around. Making sure I wasn’t crazy. Once I confirmed that everything was real, I just flopped back onto the bed. A smile etched itself onto my face and I laughed.

“Now things are really getting interesting.”

They still have no idea what I've done. 

… 

I sat back on the bed and scrolled through my phone, checking out the list of S-tiers on the gifted players app. Helios comet was literally at the bottom of the barrel of S-tiers. And I didn’t even hurt her. That was the third attempt this week at a S-tiers. I definitely can’t expect to beat the SS tiers if I can’t even touch a low ranking S.

“I guess being an A tier is pretty accurate.” I mumbled. “Which means I need to strengthen my versatility. The more players I kill the more upgrades.”

“Why not focus on attacking people in the B tier?” My little goblin friend suggested from beside my bed.

I was grateful the witches decided to give me back my little buddy.

“Cuz the upgrades are literally doo doo water. If I wanted something good I'd have to attack my own or higher.”

I grumbled and scrolled to the top ten A class players, and stopped at my face, then glanced over at his face. The only two players in all of the list tied in scaling, Stryder and I. I stared into his azure eyes for a moment, and my blood began to boil. 

“I’m gonna slaughter you..” I mumbled.

“Master Zack?” Bean spoke up.

Which snapped me back to reality.