Chapter 3 - Play ball!

I relaxed into the grass and held out my necklace above me. My eyes tracing over the obsidian Yin pendant. The wind picked up and it began to dance in the breeze. Her face came to mind and a pit formed in my stomach.

"Don't worry Gnome, your big brother is gonna save you." I mumbled. 

Suddenly the crunching of leaves sounded off ahead of me. I pushed myself up and  saw my wonderful police assistant. Forgive me Annual, but I'm gonna do everything in my power to save you. Even if it means you hate me when you come back. I put my necklace back on and popped up to my feet. 

"Ah! I see you figured out my cypher." I called out.

The officer ran over to me like a trained soldier, carrying bags upon bags along his arms.

"It was a little difficult to umm, get the magazines and games you wanted without being suspicious."

"But did you do it?" I asked.

"Yeah…"

"Great! How about the reports on my death?" 

"So far, it's been going exactly as you wanted. But I don't have clearance for more…complicated files."

I shrugged.

"Eh, it's been a week. I've been laying low, as long as I don't do anything retarded I should be fine."

He walked over and set the bags down in front of me. 

"So, umm, are we done here?" He skittishly asked.

"Oh! Did you assume this was just a one time thing?" I chuckled. 

"E-excuse me?"

"Listen, killing you at this point would be way too suspicious. And you definitely know way too much. Plus when I was a hero, having a cop friend was pretty handy." 

"Please! I promise to-!"

I went into my pocket and pulled the locks of blonde and amber hair out. Which made his voice vanish. 

"Did you-!?"

"Don't grow a pair now! Nothing has changed!" I yelled, and he took a few steps back."That's better. Now listen up. No matter where I am, no matter where I go, I'll always know what you're doing. Like I know you're cheating on your wife with the secretary in your office."

"H-how did you!?"

"Honestly though, your wife's pretty hot. Definitely don't understand why you're cheating on her with a chick built like Patrick star."

"S-she gets me! Shut up…"

I chuckled, now he speaks up… 

"Okay dude, whatever." I turned around.

"When I call for you, just be ready."

"R-right, and you won't. Tell my wife right?" He asked.

I turned around, and couldn't help but laugh. "Man, you seriously got no balls dude." 

Bean walked over to me and laid on the ground. His body convulsed as he slowly started to grow. making himself gigantic. His back flattened out and a small little bone dome materialized on it, along with a railing. As Bean finished forming I heard something drop behind me. I turned and saw the officer with his jaw hung open and my bags all on the floor. 

"W-what hell are you!?"

"I'm the Mighty Destroyer of worlds! Zack Grendell."