Chapter Twenty Seven

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Eddie asks me
We're stood outside the trailer while everyone else is getting ready, Steve is in he car waiting to drive me and Max over to the real house and when Steve gets back him Nancy, and Robin are going to the other version of the house in he upside down.

"I don't have a choice Eddie" I reach for his hand, its wrapped in a fingerless glove he found in his room.
"I just want you to be safe" He whispers and I see a little tear to his eye.
I grab him by he shoulders and look into his eyes "I'll be okay" my eyes start to water as well because I know that if I can't do it, if we actually can't pull this off, this is the last time I will ever see him.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me into a big hug, the tightest one we've ever had, like we're scared to let go.
But I pull away still holding him and say "we got this"
He smiles and let's go of me and I back up suddenly uncomfortable "be the superhero Eddie, you don't have to pretend this time." I say to him and reach out my fist for a fist bump. His fist bumps mine and I grin.

"I'll see you when we get back Munson" I start to turn around and walk to Steves car where he's waiting for me "Angela wait" Eddie says and I turn around

When I turn he walks up to me puts his hands on my lower backs and pulls me into him and I didn't realize at first but our lips are touching...and it feels amazing

I'm kissing Eddie Munson

Those five seconds were small but it was the most memorable experience of my entire life. Kissing him gave me butterflies but also for those five seconds I forgot where I was and what I was doing, that's the effect he has on me.

When he pulls away I look into his eyes and neither of us say anything until I push my lips against his again, this time deeper. My tongue touching his for brief intervals, our teeth clattering against one another and it feels good like I should've been doing this all along.

I pull away this time and I step back so his hands aren't touching me anymore.
Eddie clears his throat "that was uh- " I interrupt "amazing"
He just stares at me "I like you Eddie" I say
He smirks and steps closer to me "I like you too Angela" and he leans his face closer to mine

Before we can kiss the horn of Steve's car beeps "okay love birds we have shit to do!" Steve yells at us from the front seat.
"I better go" I step away from Eddie and start walking to the car
"After" Eddie speaks "we save the world and everything, I'd like to take you out" My heart races in my chest "If you want" he rubs his hand on the back of his neck "I'd like that" I bite my lip and then turn around facing the car and walk up to it.

When I get in Steve says "nothing happened huh?" I slam the back door shut looking at him through the windshield mirror where I see his eyes "yea" and I roll my eyes I don't have time to deal with him "I'm happy for you" he says which catches me by surprise

"I wasn't good to you, I understand that now but going into what we're about to do, I just want you to know that I'm happy for you" he continues and I actually really appreciate how vulnerable he's being right now "well thank you" I smile at him.

After our moment Dustin runs up to the car to Steve's window "your coming back right?" Dustin asks out of breath
Steve says "yes I'm just bringing these guys up there" he's referring to me and Max but so far I'm the only one in the backseat.

"Okay" Dustin is still out breath and he turns to heave more out of our vision "what did you do buddy?" Steve says to him
"I ran the whole way over here" he says
"Dude it was like 2 feet" Eddie comes up behind Dustin and pats him on the back then leans his arms on the door of Steve's car. The window is down so he sticks his head in "we don't go till you get back alright?" He asks Steve and he nods "that's the plan and hey uh keep watch on Nancy alright make sure she doesn't get herself hurt"