Chapter Nineteen

We arrived at the house a few minutes ago. It took us a good hour to get here but Nancy knew exactly where it was, we didn't even have to use a gps.

We exited the trailer as soon as we parked in front of it. Its pretty big, id say three storys. Its dark looking like one of those houses you'd see in a horror movie, its got a stained glass window on the front door, and if i weren't so scared id find it pretty.

I was the last one out so im behind everyone and i can see as everyone begins to walk towards the building "wait" i make everyone stop and turn to me "are we sure this is safe?" Nancy whos front of the line says "its definitely not safe Angela but its all we got, if you dont want to help you can sit in the car" Then she turns back towards the house and the rest of the group follow her.

When i dont move Eddie, who was last in line besides me, turns around to see me not moving and says to me "if you want to sit out on this one you definitely can no one will judge you for it" he gives me a smug grin.

I look at him in disgust "no way am i letting you go in there without me" and i walk up till im in front of him "i was just admiring the architecture" i give him the same smug grin back

I walk up the the top with Eddie trailing behind me, up there is everyone else and it looks like Nancy cant unlock the door.

"Well now what" Nancy asks the group, we cant get in with the door locked so now what? "Dont worry" we all look to Robin whos holding a brick in her hand "i found a key"

She pushes us all out of the way Eddie after realizing what shes about to do wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me back away from the door. Robin holds the brick behind her head and then throws it at the stained glass window, which breaks.

"well that works" Steve sticks his hand through the broken glass and reaches for the door knob. When he finds it he twists it opens the door and lets us all walk in before him.

Eddie walks in front of me and taps Steve on the back while walking through the door. I notice Steve avoiding looking at me as i walk past him and into the house.

When we are all in and Steve shuts the door all of us turn on our flashlights, except Steve because he was the last one in and Dustin didn't hand him one yet.  "Where'd you get those?" he asks to Dustin and Dustin sighs pulls out another flashlight from his backpack and hands it to Steve.

Inside its dark and i cant see much even in daylight because theres very few windows. I can see the living room from the doorway, theres a big staircase on the right of the room.

"Okay to get through all this we should split up" Nancy suggests "So um Robin you're with me me, Max you're with Eddie and Dustin and then Steve and Angela can you handle this?" Steve says yea at the exact moment i say no.

Everyone looks at a strangely, im sure no one knows about us except for Nancy and Eddie. Steve interrupts "yes we'll be fine" he looks to me and i fake smile "yes thats fine" i look to Nancy

"Okay then that settles it Me and Robin will search the bottom floor, Max your group takes the top floor and Steve you and Angela go the Attic" i nod
"okay who made you in charge?" Eddie interrupts
"well im not but you all seem to take orders from me so"
"because your scary" Dustin says

"Yea" Nancy says "well get to work guys!" the throws her hands in the air gesturing for us to go to the spots she told us too. Everyone walks off in their direction with their groups and i'm stuck with Steve. Before Eddie leaves with Max and Dustin i see him glance back at me before walking.

"Nancy definitely did this one purpose do you think?" i say to Steve
We start walking towards the steps after Maxs group got pretty far up there. "Actually i told her to" he says to me

"Why?" we're in sync now walking up the steps "i wanted to talk to you" or course he does "theres nothing to talk about" i argue
"But there is okay i just- i dont want to fight with you- i just want things to go back to how they were"

I pause on the steps and turn to him, he stops too "you're saying you want us to get back together?"
"No im nor saying that im just say-" i cut him off "no listen to me we are never getting back together okay its just not happening. You took advantage of me, you never cared about me Steve and i can't believe it took almost dying for me to see that!"

I stare at him and when he dosnt respond i start to walk up the stairs again. We walk in silence until we reach the top floor, where we find a door that that holds for stairs that leads to the attic. Theres only room for one in a row and Steve gestures "after you" and i do go first i know it's probably only an excuse to look at my ass but i dont care, im not saying no cause then he'll just think im scared and we can not have that.

Walking up the stairs Steve speaks again "so are you moving on then is that it?" i stop on the stairs again and look down at him "so you think the only reason i could reject you is because im not single?"

"what no i didnt say that!"
"you implied it" i keep walking again "no its just that i saw you yesterday with Eddie and i-" i stop and turn back at him again "what!" he continues "you know in the bedroom, i know you think i didnt see and Eddie ran pretty fast out of there so i dont know if you didnt want me to see so i didnt say anything but i saw it and- i was a little jealous okay. But if your with him thats fine its none of my business but if your not? If not i really want to give this another shot because i miss you" he pauses "i still love you" i laugh

"Dont laugh its the truth" he says and i keep start walking again.

"Sure"
"it is!"
"Okay Steve"

We reached the attic and i shine my flashlight all around "by the way- nothing happened withe me and Eddie last night"
"Really" he asks hopefully
"I was just tired and he took the bed so laid in there with him in it but he woke up and we just talked" i look over at Steve and he looks happy yet sad for me "thats all"

Just a little filler chapter.