13 - Research Perks

13 - Research Perks

Azoic, Rostov Oblast
North Russia - Russian Fed; Population: 82,356
Romanov's Estate House

(Before Sativa's conversation with Romanov in his studies)

Romanov
"You cannot break curse of you are in love with her, it will not work fine if then."

I growl lowly at Keegan's words. Turning my attention away from him, and to the guard that stood before me. Back slouched -head facing downwards.

"Stand straight." I narrow my eyes as he slowly obeys my sneered out command.

"My apologies, Alpha."

"When is Vladimir due to arrive?" I close my eyes frustratedly, leaning tiredly back on the my desk chair.

"He said that he would be here by half-past noon, sir."

I snap my eyes open at the guard that stood before me. His sunglasses clutched in his hands as he never dared to meet my eyes. I do not blame him at all I am force to be reckoned with - an Alpha in his highest degree.

"What time is it now?" I snap, causing the man to slouch slightly, as if wanting to disappear from my always tormenting view.

"Quarter to three."

"Fuck." I spit, slamming my hands down on the table as the man flinches - again.

"Daddy's not here yet?" I growl lowly at Keegan's words. "Shame on him for arriving late - right Alpha?"

"Shut up, Keegan."

I needed this curse to be removed. Klaus was getting angrier - and, as a usual result - more people are dying. He had rejected Sativa, even if I had not entirely contemplated the thought of having a mate. I didn't need one - my Wolf, however, did. I liked the feeling of her body in my hands - but, that was it. She was good for my physical and mental pleasure; and it ended there. It is becoming hard to resist the Mate Bond, for I am spending more time in her presence.

Something, that I was not hellbent on stopping. Even if, Klaus was giving me hell for carrying those actions.

"Chill, dude." I glare at Keegan's words. "I mean, what's the whole deal about this mate shit? Keep the curse, marry the girl..."

"It doesn't work like that."

"No man, you don't work like that." Keegan smirks, motioning his hands to the guard, to aptly dismiss him.

"That hardly makes sense."

"No man, you hardly make sense," I growl at his choice of words, staring at him carefully as he raises his two hands in surrender.

"Keegan, this relationship that you think I may have with Sativa, is nonexistent."

He grinned, "No, it isn't."

"There are too many reasons I can't be with her."

"Like?"

I arch a brow, "Maya."

"Man, fuck Maya."

I gave him a look.

"Obviously, I didn't mean that you should - you know just what I meant, Alpha."

"I know what?" I smirk.

"Man, fuck you."

I cock an amused brow, "You're gay, then?" I smirk.

He only chuckles, "Maybe."

I narrow my eyes at him, Keegan didn't have a mate.

But, I couldn't think him to be anywhere near homosexual. At least, I was not yet sure of his sexuality.