5.5 - Reality Sucks

5.5 - Reality Sucks

Sativa
I followed the bouncy child as she walked around the beautiful place. We passed several doors till she came to stop at one. It was a door at the end of a slight hallway, large and professional. I looked at it, a thought entering my head as I read the plate-card, it read, 'Alpha Ivanovich'.

"Amiya," I warned, turning back to her. "I said the training ground, not the Alpha's office," I hiss underneath my breath.

"Well, you did say training grounds." She nodded. "But, Daddy will help you with any further questions."

"Thanks," I mutter, crossing my hands over my chest of the girl runs off.

Wait, Daddy? I shouldn't be surprised - he has a wife. Even still, I couldn't help the slight pang that went through my chest at the thought of him being with another woman but myself.

I back away from the door, determined to find the way to the training ground without the help of a narcissistic, egotistical Alpha such as Ivanovich.

I mentally curse as the door suddenly swings open, and standing there, in all his glory, Alpha Ivanovich. I almost choke on my saliva as I notice his state of dress. Or, maybe undress. The man had on dangerously low-hanging, black sweatpants. My Lord, they were sinful as a light trail of hair disappeared into the band of his is track-pants. His chest was bare, and a cigarette hung from his lips. His hair was combed back, his long lashes fanning his cheeks, his jaw clenching.

"If you are quite done, Sativa." His amused tone rang out, pulling me from the thoughts I held of him.

I said nothing, but felt a slight shiver as his eyes roamed the length of my body. His jaw clenches and unclenches. From the corner of my eye, I see him bite his lip before his eyes come to rest on my flushed face.

I wanted to yell at him. Tell him that he shouldn't be married. I wanted to feel guilty that another woman's husband was on my mind.

Constantly.

But something in my head told me that I was on his too.

I narrow my eyes at him, but he stares me down, "I came to ask for directions to the training grounds," I spit, averting my eyes from his.

"Ah, ah," he sang, drawing his cigarette and puffing it in my face. "Miss Carter, that is no way to request a duty from a man like myself, I would need a proper and polite request."

I want to strangle this man.

"There is something obviously wrong with you."

His eyes darken for a moment, then he takes a step closer to me. "What the fuck have I told you about respect?" He snarled, shaking the ashes off his fag, he turns his head slightly, then turns to me.

I scoff.

"Ask nicely." His Russian accent, I've noticed, always thicker with his pied anger.

"Will you please show me the way to the training ground, Alpha Ivanovich?"

"No." Was his reply.

I created distance from us, "No?" I narrow my eyes.

"Yes." Again, he answered.

"Why the hell not?"

"Nicely, Carter," he warned.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, "Why can't I go to the training grounds, Alpha?"

He chuckled, "Your new to this Pack. You cannot train with them just yet. I will need to test your ability." I nodded in mere understanding with his words. I didn't like it, but it was a procedure done in every Pack. Even mine. New members were tested of three main things; speed, agility and suppleness.