7.5 - Testing Room

7.5 - Testing Room

Sativa
"What?" Her eyes widen as I roll mine. "He's your what?"

Again, silence hangs.

"If you don't believe me..."

"No, I do. For once, I didn't read that off you," she sighs. "Plus, you've got his stubborn streak, and his nose; you know that, right?"

"No - good, then?"

She nods, "To an extent."

I lean my head on the headboard of the bed, "So, what now?" I look at the ceiling as I hear the wheels going off in her head.

"Do you want to meet him?"

"God, no." I sit up straighter, a look of pure fear etched unto my face. "What would I say, 'Hey, brother that I haven't seen I four years, how's it going?' or 'I know I haven't seen you in four years, but I love you bro.' It doesn't work that way - it's difficult."

"It's only as difficult as you make it, Sativa," she throws her hands up, sighing at me.

"I know."

"So, what's it going to be," she smiled. "Are you going to see him, or are you going to not going to see him, or are you going to not."

I frown, "That isn't even proper English."

"What is it going to be?"

"I'm not going to see him."

"Well, that's quite awkward because he is on his way."

-

Loupe Fiasco, California
USA - North America
The Main Pack Lodgings

Sativa
I was hyperventilating. It felt like, I couldn't breathe properly. "Why would you tell him to come here?"

"Well, I always wanted you to meet him, so I told him to come here - that was before I knew he was your brother," she didn't look as if she regretted her choice.

I uncrossed my legs and leaned back on the bed, "I suppose you're right," I murmur as she squeals in agreement. I mean, what is the worst that could happen.

"You meet him, he doesn't remember you?" Vienna chuckles as I sit up at her words. "Just bluffing, he'll remember you - chances are, he might remember you. Reality, not so much of a chance."

"Shut the hell up," I cry. "This is not the time."

"Wolf giving you a hard time," Natalya gives me a warm smile and a knowing look as she looks worried. I wasn't completely sure why.

I chew my lip, "Thanks."

"For what?"

I don't answer for a minute, "I should know better than to trust you - but, I do." I say.

"That's good."

"Don't get used to it," I say truthfully. "I already have, you shouldn't do that too."

"You can't tell me what to do," she giggles, pushing her raven locks behind her ears. "Besides, my mother always told me to never judge a book by its cover."

"Mine too."

As if wanting to speak, she opens her mouth slightly, but a knock on the door interrupts her line of speech. My eyes widen as she gives me an encouraging look and a small pat on the back, walking quickly to the door to pull it open. I just remain there, biting my fingers as I watched the door swing open, my heart dropping.