1 - Prologue

1 - Prologue

San Fransisco, California
USA - North America

He was breathtaking.

His wavy black hair in a tussle above his head. It was starting to grow longer, it now passed his ears, giving him a slightly younger appearance. All the hard creases of his face, all the sharp edges - softened. I firmly hold my hands to my side to keep from running them all over his face. His lips were so soft - well, they looked soft. His lips parting with every breath he took.

God, how I wished his eyes were open. I just wanted to loose myself in the eyes that had looked at me so coldly the day at the diner, when he promised that he'll never be mine - I'll never be his.

Those eyes that killed me the day that he hurt me the first time. Physically - he punched me - and as weird as it may seem, I would take a million other punches from him if it meant that he could love me, as I love him.

I shook my head furiously, "I did not love this man."

Tiny scars littered his face, and it was the first time I had seen them up so close. But, one slightly bigger one, from his left ear to the bridge of his nose stood out.

It stood out like a rose amongst thorns. It stood out like a blessing amongst a thousand curses. I was oddly compelled to it - it wasn't just my human side showing affection for him.

I swallowed, I wanted nothing more that to tell him that I could kiss his past away. That his father cannot dictate his life forever. I wanted to love him, more than I should. I needed him for power, and he did not need me at all. I want to be fine with that, I want to be happy with that.

But, I'm not.

"Mine."

Tears stung at my eyes, and I didn't know why. My shirt rose, allowing his warm hands to compensate for my loss of heat. I let my hands fall on his broad and bare shoulders. Sparks hit against my fingers, his nose burying itself into my neck.

"Don't," I whisper, earning a feral growl from him as I push his shoulders away. He doesn't move even an inch.

"You're mine."

And with that, he kisses me.

At first, my lips were motionless against his. Still trying to offload the shock that landed on me. But, as his hands roam the caverns of my body, I cannot help but wrap my hands around his neck, letting in his sweet taste as I kiss him in return.

His hard abdomen pressing against my southern region was enough to send me into overdrive. He created the passion, then smoldered it as it reached it peaks. It seemed as if his hands were never content - always searching for more. I press my chest against his, moaning at the intangible actions that his hands took out on my overloading body.

I wrapped my legs around his lower half, eliciting a groan from him. His calloused hands pushed my shirt higher up by body, allowing him enough room to run his hands around the length of my gleaning body.

It was as if, I could read his thoughts, he was projecting his memory of last night to me without knowing it. I wasn't one to stop him, I wanted nothing more than to have my hands around her waist. To be the one pulling her against the music - the one stealing her first, clumsy dance motions.

It was as if my soul was entwining itself with his. I could picture him in my mind, a knot of out souls tied for one as I kissed him.

But, what I will never is to keep her, when I know that the curse will kill her. She will still belong to me, but I would chose to set her free.

I am not heartless.

At least, not completely.

Not yet.

I don't love her.

At least, not completely.

Not yet.

But, I love her smile. I love her laugh, her stubbornness and everything in between.

Completely.

With all of my almost, nonexistent heart.

I pull my eyes shut, and just as they came - they stopped.

I smile lightly against his lips, slipping my hands down as I attempt to wrap them around his bulging biceps. His taste was nothing of this earth - I had sexual relations before, but I was sure that none could apt to compare to Romanov.

His rough, calloused hands only creating more wanted friction as the roamed the entirety of my frame. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but the time to remove the curse was near, and my plan was working so well.

Too well.

It was pleasure in business, the feeling of the sparks that my mate created was so unforgettable, that I needed to pinch myself to reality.

He growls, tearing his lips away from mine and pressing them against my jaw, the fluttering rough kisses towards my neck. I whimper softly as his lips reach my Marking spot, he placed light kiss as I sighed in content. I knotted my fingers in his soft hair, tugging it lightly as he did what my fired body wanted.

I press our lower quantities together, his strong arms holding me up that I was his height. He envelopes me and traps me beneath his heated frame. My lungs clog as my brain processes his actions.

"Breathe," he chuckled against my neck, his teeth scraping my sensitive skin.

I nod obediently, taking in a gulp of air before progressing to hold off my breathe once more, not at all preparing myself for what my unpredictable mate does in the apt following seconds.

I widen my eyes, letting out an ear-piercing scream as Romanov sinks his teeth into my neck, stealing away the breathe from my lungs.

A wave of impenetrable pain crosses me, causing me to grip his shoulders until I saw red. The normal pleasure meant to follow never came as I was expecting it to. Then again, I remembered that this Alpha wasn't exactly normal we were dealing with, here.

I snap my eyes open and peer into his. As I do, I feel something deep inside of me snap with realization to who this was - it was my mate. My eyes widen as a knot begins to form, binding us together as tangle myself in my mate. The feeling of the knot slowly ebbs away, leaving me with nothing but a dull sensation of where the knot had tied itself, and the explosion of sparks.

He was mine.

-

Luna Queen (2015)
© Victoria Leslie Kahn