Prologue

𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

The night was perfect.

The reflective Snow puddles that illuminated the ground had caused chills to run through red fur under tight leather;
And shivered through sparkly scales.

Crimson's covered muzzle had kept their face relitively warm during the "Dolphin heist" operation, having come close to getting caught in such a short time had only boosted their ego.
Get that golden dolphin.
Oh, if it were only that easy, well, getting in was the easy part.

Diamond's swift thinking had only made things easier, past security walls, doors almost glued shut if it weren't for their fast wit to get Crimson between the doors just before they had shut.

Breaths were shared between the two criminals. Eyes shone with happiness and relief, no one was caught.

Red light had been casted against the cold, iron walls of the facility.
And there it was, in all it's golden glory.

The Golden dolphin.

It was a dream come true for even the most prestige bad guys to even lay a finger on the priceless artifact, and finally, it was theirs to take.

A single, scaly appendage pressed the code to the red Lazer beams. Relitively easy, having done the tango of getting the pass code from chief Misty.
And with that, the beams had one by one been turned off, being met with muted gray lighting.

Red paws had gripped the dolphin by the base, holding it up to the light to see its mystical glimmer.

"Well Crimson, we did it. The final heist of our lives. We're set! We have everything we need." The Diamond crested snake pipped up. Eyes showing the smile that was underneath their mask. This was the best Christmas gift they could ever receive.

But, Crimson's eyes didn't sparkle with joy, instead, they shifted.
The reflective glass showing their silhouette and signature coverings. Almost all black, head to tow, with a single yellow stripe down her arms and pant legs.

Their fingers pinched the mask down their nose and pulled the hood down to reveal, a red fox.

"Diane?"

Diane Foxington, a rebound young woman, a tricky fox many had called her, but not The Crimson Paw.

" I... I can't do it." She sighed, remorseful. Her eyes lowering, paws clamming over the golden base of the statue in her hands. The reptile replied with a shocked gasp, the timer for the dolphin's tomb was coming to a close, Diamond had grabbed Diane's arm and shoved the statue back to it's rightful place before slithering to the air vents.

"Let's go." The single command had caused the fox to scamper after her friend. Closing the air ducts just before the door to the chamber had busted open to reveal a quite fit ginger haired woman. Yelling profanitys towards the now escaped criminals; where ever they are.

•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅
"Diane, what do you mean you couldn't do it?" The door slammed shut to the foxes home, cloth discarded to the couch as The Diamond King, now having removed their head piece and mask to the ground along with some stolen cash they had picked pocketed a few ways from the way back.